Switch one of your last 5 drafts with a division rival's

Dome

Pick one draft "haul" from the last 5 drafts and swap it with a division rival’s haul from the same year 

If you don't want to swap any drafts, please, tell us what makes your team so great.

Example

For the Saints it's easily the 2014 draft.

1.20 (traded up) WR Brandin Cooks - Good, sometimes very good, sometimes flashed greatness. His ego was too big for Sean Payton and he was traded in a deal that ultimately landed Ryan Ramczyk who had a great rookie season.

2.26 - CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste - played less than a dozen snaps as a Saint. 

4.26 - OLB Khariri Fortt - released for missing/falling asleep in meetings as a rookie

5.27 - SS Vinnie Sunseri - good ST player whose career was short lived due to constantly being dinged up; 

5.29 - OLB Ronald Powell - He was a guy who played (and was invisible for) random snaps sometimes until he got cut. 

6.26 OT Tavon Rooks - Rooks sums his career up well. He never progressed. 

I'll taaaaaake...... the Buccaneers 2014 haul. It's not amazing, but it gets us out of our 2014 draft. This is off the top of my head and I was more focused on the Saints bad drafts than our rivals good ones. Feel free to correct me.

1 - 7 WR Mike Evans - The dishonorable coward that is Mike Evans would've never committed the act that made him the dishonorable coward that he is if he had been in a Saints uni all this time. He's a good consolation prize if we're gonna miss out on 3 years of Cooks and ultimately Ramy.

2- 38 TE Austin Sefarian-Jenkins - ASJ was a guy I really liked coming out of college. Maybe he could've turned into something with Brees throwing too him.

3 - 69 RB Charles Sims - Meh

5 - 143 G Kadeem Edwards - Who cares

5 -149 OT Kevin Pamphile - Pamphile is a bad name for obvious reason. Never heard of him though. 

6 - 185 WR Robert Herron - He's no Lynn Swann

UDFA - Cameron Brate - Another TE along with ASJ that I think could've developed well in our system. 

This is easy for KC. Swap 2014's draft for us, for Oakland's 2014 draft. We got some solid players in 2014, but it's the only draft in the last 5 where we haven't landed at least one star player, and for Oakland it's the draft that basically brought them back to being competitive. Also carries the benefit of ensuring that Phillip Gaines never sees the field for us. Would give up:

1. OLB Dee Ford
3. CB Phillip Gaines
4. WR De'Anthony Thomas
5. QB Aaron Murray
6a. G Zach Fulton
6b. G Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff

So this still wasn't a bad draft for us. Fulton and LDT were both very good gets in round 6. Both solid players at G. Fulton has been our backup at both G and C spots since drafted, and LDT is a good, though not great, G. DAT was a good utility player pre-Tyreek, and Ford still has promise, just health issues. But we'd be getting:

1. OLB Khalil Mack
2. QB Derek Carr
3. G Gabe Jackson
4a. DT Justin Ellis
4b. DB Keith McGill
7a. DB Travis Carrie
7b. DE Shelby Harris
7c. DB Jonathan Dowling

It works very nicely because the positions line up almost perfectly, but Oakland just got better players across the board. Mack, Carr, Jackson, and Carrie are all better, and at the same positions, as Ford, Murray, Fulton/LDT, and Gaines. There's really no downside to the swap here, aside from losing some G depth as we lose Fulton AND LDT but only gain Jackson. But I'd take that for the overall swap.

This would be an excellent swap overall. Might be the only one I'd actually do for us, though. Our division has not been spectacular at drafting, but KC has been very steady in that regard. Each draft save 2014 has provided at least one star player for us, and each draft yielded at least two good starters for us (Kelce/Fisher, Ford/LDT, Peters/Morse, Jones/Hill) and often a few other contributors as well. Oakland had a solid 2015, but I wouldn't take Cooper/Edwards Jr. over Peters/Morse/Conley/Nelson/Nunez-Roches. We just got more starters/contributors there.

Denver's 2015 hits the same issue, just with Ray and Garcia, who are a lesser haul than Cooper/Edwards anyway, IMO. Their 2014 might be there, with Roby and Paradis being the headliners. I kind of want to see how Roby does with his role stepped up. If I thought he'd make a good #1 I'd probably accept this one as well.

The Chargers would have a couple good ones if their draftees would stay healthy. Verrett is a great pick from 2014, but he's really all they got from that one, and he's had some health issues that mar his career so far. 2013 sees a similar issue with Allen. Kelce and Fisher have just been healthier than Allen and Fluker, and the talent gap on either side isn't enough to override an availability difference. That and I just love me some Kelce. I loved their 2015 draft at the time, but neither Gordon nor Perryman have turned out as well as I expected. And then 2016 is toughhhhhh. It more or less comes down to Bosa/Henry versus Jones/Hill. Bosa is definitely better than Jones, but I'd argue Hill has done more than Henry thus far, and is at a position of greater value. And no one else in that draft tips the scales for me. Just some part time players on each side, and a P for the Chargers. With roster build in mind I'd probably take ours, just because Hill carries more value as our best WR than Henry would as our second TE. But it's close.

So, tl;dr, give me Oakland's 2014 haul of Mack/Carr/Carrie/Jackson over our haul of Ford/Fulton/Duvernay-Tardiff, and that's probably the only AFC West draft I'd take over the Chiefs' equivalent in the same year.

This is hard. Packers don't draft well anymore. Bears are where they are for a reason. I'd give up the Vikes 2016 draft class for just about anything though, which included Laquon Treadwell, Mackensie Alexander and Willie Beavers with the first three picks.

ill take the Lions 2016 draft just to get a new starting tackle combo of Reiff and Decker.

Im sorry im going to cheat and extend it to 2012 1 more year :D   Im taking the Panthers 2012 draft over the Falcons. 

Luke Kuechly(MLB) - Making Debo a WLB next to him + Josh Norman at CB with Trufant and Alford now a slot with pool as a nickle.  is a combo i would for sure add to our group of guys now  and they can have   Konz, Holmes, ewing Mass, mitchell, and robertson.

I would trade out the Falcons 2017 draft with the Saints.

Adding Lattimore and Williams to the defense, increasing the linebacker and edge depth and adding Alvin Kamara to the already great RB corps would be awesome. Not to mention Ramczyk could instantly have plugged into the RG spot for the Falcons and improved that too.

If you're including the 2012 draft class, this isn't even a contest for the 49ers. 

You take out the 49ers 2012 draft class, which is bar none one of the worst I have ever seen. The best pick actually made was our 7th rounder who never played a snap for us.....

1. AJ Jenkins - Seriously. It was a massive reach at the time, and his contribution to the 49ers? 1 target in his 49er career, 0 catches. You read that right. That's a first round pick folks. Hasn't played a snap since 2014. It takes a special kind of bust to be a first round pick that is out of the league by year 3. 
  2. LaMichael James - James was our second round pick, and though he fared better than Jenkins, it wasn't by much. Spent a little over 2 years with the 49ers playing 15 games in those 2+ seasons. 44 rushes, less than 200 yards and added 5 receptions. For the 49ers, he fumbled one every 11 carries. That is not an exaggeration folks. So, for our first two picks in that draft, we seriously got less than 300 yards of total production and 0 touchdowns. Both were off the team by year 3. 

The rest of the draft was pretty much just as bad, and the team got little to nothing from each of them. Joe Looney was taken in the 4th round, and surprisingly lasted longer than the first two round picks, although not by much. He started 4 games in his 3 years, and appeared in a total of 19 games. I think he's actually still kicking around the league though. Darius Fleming was the other 4th round pick that year, never so much as suited up for a game with the 49ers. Was out of the league by 2015 after appearing in a total of 11 games with the Patriots. In the 6th round were Trenton Robinson and Jason Slowey, the latter of which didn't make it out of camp. In round 7, we probably made our best pick in Cam Johnson. Johnson never played a snap for the 49ers in the regular season. The only reason he was our best pick was because after year one, we were able to trade him to the colts for a 2015 7th round, so he essentially evened out to a wash.

Then you look at the 2012 Seahawks class....

1. Bruce Irvin

2. Bobby Wagner

3. Russell Wilson

4. Robert Turbin & Jaye Howard

5. Korey Toomer (humorously enough, actually plays for us now) 

6. Jeremy Lane 

7. JR Sweezy. 

There were a couple of additional picks in there, but nobody of note I think. But that is an amazing draft class overall. 

ill do the 2012 Jags draft as the get rid of:

round 1: Justin Blackmon

Round 2: Andre Branch

round 3: Bryan Anger

round 5: Brandon Marshall

round 6: Mike Harris

round 7: Jeris Pendleton

Only guy worth anything now is Brandon marshall. 

ill replace that with the 2012 Colts Draft or the Texans.  obviously Luck is a Huge upgrade. fleener and allen would be a good te combo and Hilton would be good with what we have at WR. 

2012 1 Whitney Mercilus 26 DE 2017 0 0 4 37 83                         38.5 Illinois
2012 3 DeVier Posey 68 WR 2014 0 0 0 2 26           1 -3 0 22 272 0     Ohio St.
2012 3 Brandon Brooks 76 G 2017 0 1 5 30 80                           Miami (OH)
2012 4 Ben Jones 99 C 2017 0 0 5 30 96                           Georgia
2012 4 Keshawn Martin 121 WR 2016 0 0 1 7 58           5 59 0 62 685 5     Michigan St.
2012 4 Jared Crick 126 DE 2016 0 0 3 27 79                         8.5 Nebraska
2012 5 Randy Bullock 161 K 2017 0 0 4 8 63                           Texas A&M
2012 6 Nick Mondek 195 OL 2012 0 0 0 0                             Purdue
Year Rnd Player Pick Pos To AP1 PB St CarAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
2012 1 Andrew Luck 1 QB 2016 0 3 4 59 70 1570 2651 19078 132 68 286 1442 14           Stanford
2012 2 Coby Fleener 34 TE 2017 0 0 5 25 87           1 2 1 255 3080 22 1   Stanford
2012 3 Dwayne Allen 64 TE 2017 0 0 4 12 73           4 6 0 136 1537 20     Clemson
2012 3 T.Y. Hilton 92 WR 2017 0 4 5 54 94 0 1 0 0 0 9 55 0 431 6827 34     Florida International
2012 5 Josh Chapman 136 NT 2014 0 0 1 8 29                           Alabama
2012 5 Vick Ballard 170 RB 2014 0 0 1 5 17           224 877 2 18 147 1     Mississippi St.
2012 6 LaVon Brazill 206 WR 2013 0 0 0 3 25                 23 347 3     Ohio
2012 7 Justin Anderson 208 OL 2012 0 0 0 0                             Georgia
2012 7 Tim Fugger 214 DE 2012 0 0 0 0                             Vanderbilt
2012 7 Chandler Harnish 253 QB 2014 0 0 0 0 0                           Northern Illinois

I never thought I'd be in a position to say it, but I wouldn't trade any of Oakland's drafts over the last 5 years for any of the Chargers, Chiefs, or Donkey's. 

The only one I would possibly consider would be the 2016 draft. I might be able to live without Karl Joseph and DeAndre Washington if it meant having Tyreek Hill. 

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

round 3: Bryan Anger

Funny, I recall a couple of the Ol' Time Jaguars' fans peevishly arguing that the punter, Bryan Anger, in the 3rd round was a good pick, on account of all that great field position or something.

Take out all your Anger on THIS!!

Image result for bryan anger punter

Archived