What Universally Loved Games Do You Hate?

I don't quite know that I HATE it, but Call of Duty has always been pretty meh to me. I remember buying the first one and staying up all night with a buddy playing it. And ever since, I've been over it. Nazi Zombies was fun for a minute. But I just can't bring myself to play anymore.

I've never been a big fan of 3d mario or zelda games. 

I've never been able to get into any mmorpg's even when I like the story enough to watch it on youtube (swtor). 

The Battlefield/Battlefront series.

I own almost the entire Assassin's Creed franchise, but I've only purchased two of them with actual money and I've barely played the franchise as a whole. 

Any racing game that isn't Burnout 3/Burnout Revenge/Driver: San Francisco

Minecraft/Terraria

Any PubG style games. My favorite part of fortnite is literally parachuting onto the island. 

Grand Theft Auto.  Whenever I have ever rented a GTA game, I do the first few missions, start messing around, usually unsuccessfully trying to derail trains and then get tired and bored of it and send it back never to play it again. 

I just don't get the appeal of those online multiplayer games.  Call of Duty and all the other ones. 

Most of the Resident Evil games I disliked, too.  Except the most recent one, but that's only because I played it in VR and it was terrifying in VR. 

I don't typically like racing games (except Mario Kart) or horror games like Resident Evil. 

I didn't really like Dishonored either. Stealth games are VERY hit or miss with me. I guess I just don't have the patience sometimes. 

Never cared for the Sonic games. 

I don't have the time to spend on any of the more technical fighting games. I have fun with Smash Bros. and maybe Mortal Kombat, but I don't have time to learn tons of combos or be competitive, so I don't care for Tekken or anything like that. 

It's hard to name too many because at this point of my life I have a pretty good idea of what games I'm going to like and which ones I won't, so I don't really even pay much attention to the ones that don't interest me. 

Hate is a strong word, but basically Bethesda games (Elder Scrolls and Fallout) and main Nintendo games like Mario and Zelda (except Smash).

For Bethesda games, the combat is just WAY too lackluster for me. It feels like there is very little decision making and not a lot of mechanical difficulty.

As for Nintendo games, I just find them a bit boring. I didn't really grow up with the franchises and when that is stripped off, I think the draw isn't nearly as strong. 

Bethesda games.  Fallout really isn't that good of a game.  Elder Scrolls.  If you actually look at their game catalog, I don't get why they are so hyped as a company.  The quality of their products are actually pretty mediocre.  Quake Champions is a good game, but that game has had such as long foundation built that Bethesda didn't even start.

Naughty Dog is also really overrated, IMO.  Crash Bandicoot was great back in the day.  Uncharted was a lot of fun when it was first created, well over a decade ago.  Their model for games now is super simple and linear (newest Uncharted games, The Last of Us).  They really shine by making great characters, but the games themselves are really boring and predictable.

PUBG and Fortnite.  Those games are fun every once in a while, but I can't really get into playing them constantly.  Those games are missing the aspect of horror.  The concept of every man for themselves is great, but I really would enjoy it more if the setting was really dark and creepy and the game was much more difficult and less forgiving.  Kind of like a more real life scenario.  I know those two games are really casual and there are other games in the genre that fit what I'm looking for, but those games aren't anywhere near as loved as PUBG and Fortnite.

Finally, Assassins Creed.  I've always thought this series was extremely overrated.  Seems like the newest game - Assassins Creed Origins has gotten really good reviews, but I have tried to play several of the other games in the series and I have always come away unimpressed and I honestly wouldn't even take the games for free - they're that worthless.

Lots in here that I've just never played or heard of (Undertale). Glad I'm not alone in my hate! 

Never played a GTA game, Assassins Creed, or PUBG/Fortnite. Not a fan of Borderlands and can only play Fallout or Elder Scrolls for a few hours before I'm bored and never pick it up again.

Archived