What Universally Loved Games Do You Hate?

29 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Pretty terrible game tbh.. but I still play it.. -_-

Lol yup, when I cave in and play with my obsessed friends we spend 20 minutes walking and 20 minutes camping I feel like. If we find a car then maybe 5 minutes walking and 30 minutes camping. Garbage. 

Assassins Creed. Just borrowed the latest one from a neighbor to have something to play, gave it back the next day having played a half hour worth. Theyre all horrible to me.

Final Fantasy, Resident Evil. Dont see any appeal at all when trying to get into playing them.

Metal Gear and Fallout series. Ive hated Metal Gear since the original NES one. Fallout I tried 3, the Game of the Year edition. Most clunkiest hunk of crap and controls Ive ever run across.

On 4/14/2018 at 7:06 PM, JTagg7754 said:

You're so dramatic

It's true. If it's not a game that I love, I absolutely hate it. So many acclaimed good games I refuse to play. Last of Us, Horizon Zero dawn, Grand Theft Auto, Bloodborne, God of War, anything that's competitive multiplayer, Uncharted, etc etc. 

32 minutes ago, NickButera said:

It's true. If it's not a game that I love, I absolutely hate it. So many acclaimed good games I refuse to play. Last of Us, Horizon Zero dawn, Grand Theft Auto, Bloodborne, God of War, anything that's competitive multiplayer, Uncharted, etc etc. 

Why do you have to "hate it" though? Just don't play them...

58 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Why do you have to "hate it" though? Just don't play them...

I don't know if I can quite put a finger on it. Most 3rd person games I just have a very hard time enjoying to the point where I'm frustrated with the game play. And many great gamesa re 3rd person style gameplay. I think it's my history of either JRPG or FPS. I either want the gameplay to be strategically slow, or FPS reactive fast. ....not sure if that makes sense. Just my specific style of enjoyment I suppose? 

On 4/15/2018 at 3:15 PM, Lions017 said:

Why do so many people seem to dislike the Zelda games? I'm genuinely curious. It might be the most highly acclaimed series of video games in existence. Is this part of it - do people just think that they're overhyped? 

Straight up boring. And too childish at times. They seem to want to craft an rpg like experience but are stuck between trying to cater to a younger fanbase while balancing for older fans. 

17 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Assassins Creed. Just borrowed the latest one from a neighbor to have something to play, gave it back the next day having played a half hour worth. Theyre all horrible to me.

Final Fantasy, Resident Evil. Dont see any appeal at all when trying to get into playing them.

Metal Gear and Fallout series. Ive hated Metal Gear since the original NES one. Fallout I tried 3, the Game of the Year edition. Most clunkiest hunk of crap and controls Ive ever run across.

This is so true and was actually it's biggest problem.

Which is why I find people who hate on FO4 because of combat hilarious. 

2 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

Straight up boring. And too childish at times. They seem to want to craft an rpg like experience but are stuck between trying to cater to a younger fanbase while balancing for older fans. 

Every Nintendo game in the last 5 or so years fall into this category it seems. 

Archived