What Universally Loved Games Do You Hate?

7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Every Nintendo game in the last 5 or so years fall into this category it seems. 

Have you played Breath of the Wild? It really seems like they're finally starting to cater to the hardcore fans. The game can be really difficult if you don't know what you're doing or if you're not prepared. I've probably died more times in my 25-ish hours with it than I have in all of the other Zelda games combined. 

25 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Have you played Breath of the Wild? It really seems like they're finally starting to cater to the hardcore fans. The game can be really difficult if you don't know what you're doing or if you're not prepared. I've probably died more times in my 25-ish hours with it than I have in all of the other Zelda games combined. 

Yes, I've probably put about 10 hours into it and I would generally agree. The puzzles are still stupid easy but the combat is much harder than the normal Nintendo game. 

14 hours ago, NickButera said:

I don't know if I can quite put a finger on it. Most 3rd person games I just have a very hard time enjoying to the point where I'm frustrated with the game play. And many great gamesa re 3rd person style gameplay. I think it's my history of either JRPG or FPS. I either want the gameplay to be strategically slow, or FPS reactive fast. ....not sure if that makes sense. Just my specific style of enjoyment I suppose? 

But that doesn't answer why you "hate" it instead of just disliking it or being generally uninterested in it.

Like nobody should be bothered enough by a video game to hate it.

As with anything in entertainment....it all comes down to preference/taste.

The vast majority of first person shooters are terrible IMO.

I remember when Halo was the big thing, I thought it was honestly one of the most boring and derivative games/series I ever played.

Beyond FPS, Im usually pretty open minded when it comes to gaming.       I can enjoy any genre, although I dont really game nearly as much as I used to.

On 4/20/2018 at 2:45 PM, TankWilliams said:

Easily Rocket league for me.

to be fair, Psyonix, who I typically shower with love and praise, is screwing the pooch so hard right now. They are in the thick of league play with the final spots for the LAN being determined this weekend and they still have not announced where LAN will be hosted, or when.

If that's not bad enough, they pushed out a massive update a few weeks ago and their server quality is so piss poor that in a single BO5 series this past weekend they had to pause and reset.... THREE TIMES. Rocket League has been growing exponentially as an eSport over the years and I have followed since day 1.. this is RLCS LAN 5 and the servers for their game were in better shape during RLCS LAN 1. Extremely embarrassing past couple of weeks for RL.. all the pros are tweeting their frustration as well.

3 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

to be fair, Psyonix, who I typically shower with love and praise, is screwing the pooch so hard right now. They are in the thick of league play with the final spots for the LAN being determined this weekend and they still have not announced where LAN will be hosted, or when.

If that's not bad enough, they pushed out a massive update a few weeks ago and their server quality is so piss poor that in a single BO5 series this past weekend they had to pause and reset.... THREE TIMES. Rocket League has been growing exponentially as an eSport over the years and I have followed since day 1.. this is RLCS LAN 5 and the servers for their game were in better shape during RLCS LAN 1. Extremely embarrassing past couple of weeks for RL.. all the pros are tweeting their frustration as well.

I have no idea about any of this, I just don't find the game to be fun at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Never understood the appeal of some of Blizzards most popular games like Warcraft, Starcraft, and others. I thought they were pitiful strategy games. I was diehard on WoW, made it through BC, but my passion died out during Wotlk. They ruined the gameplay. 

Also tried Pokemon Go. It wanted me to walk 50 yards or something or what it seemed like to catch my first Pokemon. I was like eff this, deleted the game and went back in my house. 

Archived