Tailgate Beans Draft

Uffdaswede

Tailgate Beans

I lb bacon (Or 2 lb in two shifts if that’s how you roll)

1.5 lb 80/20 ground beef

1 large onion, diced

½ cup ketchup

¾ cup brown sugar

¼ cup molasses

3 tbsp vinegar

1 tsp mustard powder

2 large cans Bush’s baked beans

I can kidney beans

1 can butter beans, drained

(Optional added can of lima beans if you’re into that and have a big baking dish)

1 28 oz can whole cooked tomatoes, chopped (Or 2 cans diced if you just want to dump)

Cook bacon briefly in large skillet. Remove, cool and chop. Brown diced onion and ground beef in bacon drippings. Drain fat from pan. Return chopped bacon to pan. Sprinkle 1Tbsp flour over pan if you like a thicker sauce. Add ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, vinegar and mustard to pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove to large Dutch oven and add beans and tomatoes. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes and reduce heat to 225 for another hour. (Or use a large slow cooker on high for a couple of hours before reducing to low) It goes without saying that you may add smoked anchos or some such heat until beans are so hot it causes as much controversy as drafting LVE at 14. Caution: Depending upon your situation, you may be sent to sleep on the couch after a few bowls of these mighty, meaty beans.

1.14                   Harold Landry, Edge

(trade→ GB 2.45 and 4.101 and 7. 232 for TB 2.38 and 4.144)

2.38 (TB)            Isaiah Oliver CB (We snag the Bear’s guy just before their pick!)

3.76                   Mark Andrews, TE

4.133                 Daurice Fountain, WR

5.138                 Scott Quessenberry, C

5.144 (TB)        John Kelly, RB

5.172                 Greg Senat, OT

5.174                 Chervarious Ward, CB

6.186               Wyatt Teller, OL

6.207               Jack Cichy, ILB

7.239               Justa Guy, OLB

3 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

Umm did you just copy my mock?

Actually, after I read your mock I considered posting my mock as a reply to your mock because they were so similar. But the beans...

I had a nice, lengthy, complimentary reply going to your mock when it came out--and I lost it when scrolling back to look at something and my computer barfed. I was complimentary because the Landry-Oliver would be so sweet and in the realm of the possible. If I used anybody else besides those two it would be pretty embarrassing. But I'm used to that.

2 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Actually, after I read your mock I considered posting my mock as a reply to your mock because they were so similar. But the beans...

I had a nice, lengthy, complimentary reply going to your mock when it came out--and I lost it when scrolling back to look at something and my computer barfed. I was complimentary because the Landry-Oliver would be so sweet and in the realm of the possible. If I used anybody else besides those two it would be pretty embarrassing. But I'm used to that.

Andrews and Fountain at the same spot. I was just joking though man I would be pretty happy with this mock as well.

14 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

Umm did you just copy my mock?

I looked again. Yeah that is pretty plagiaristic. I can't defend myself other than that I liked your mock and as I dove into all the draft sources that I liked I was coming back to players that seemed to be intriguing with good possibilities for where they might slot. Imitation is flattery?

9 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I looked again. Yeah that is pretty plagiaristic. I can't defend myself other than that I liked your mock and as I dove into all the draft sources that I liked I was coming back to players that seemed to be intriguing with good possibilities for where they might slot. Imitation is flattery?

Haha no problem man, I never would have got that recipe down.

Archived