Dez Bryant released

Mid Iowa

So Dez Bryant is out. Dallas cut him. I suppose attitude issues.

I know it's a pipe dream, and we can't afford him, but can you imagine putting this guy in the mix with MT and the rest of the gang?

That said, he doesn't seem to play well with others, especially if he's not the favorite, and we all know Michael Thomas is and will remain Brees' favorite. But man, what a potential baller!

35 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I’ve disliked Bryant pretty much his whole career. Consider me glad we’re not in the mix! :P

I hear ya. He was really good with Romo, but also a primadonna with a huge $$tag.

I'm still anxious to see this Meredith kid.

Guys named Cam seem to do well with the Saints (except Cam Newton, of course).

While I would be hesitant to throw a big chunk of money at Dez at this point. Can you imagine Michael Thomas, Dez Bryant, Cam Meredith, Ted Ginn, and Willie Snead(?) as our WR's this season. Then to go along with that...The best RB duo in the NFL, a HOF QB, and a great OL. This seems like a pipe dream, but that would be insane if it were to happen.

36 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

While I would be hesitant to throw a big chunk of money at Dez at this point. Can you imagine Michael Thomas, Dez Bryant, Cam Meredith, Ted Ginn, and Willie Snead(?) as our WR's this season. Then to go along with that...The best RB duo in the NFL, a HOF QB, and a great OL. This seems like a pipe dream, but that would be insane if it were to happen.

Only way it happens is if he comes on a 1 year prove it deal to get back to form in a great offense and wants to stick it to the Boys this season

Ive waited to give my 2 cents on this possibility so that I could really think it through... What I have come up with is that I in fact would be open to adding Dez but it would have to be on a 1 year cheap deal. 

Why I feel this way... Yes I understand the drops and lacking production over the last couple years but I do believe that Dez will enter next season with a massive chip on his shoulder and if Payton believes he can get Dez to buy in as a 3rd or 4th option then its worth it. Having two DOGs on the edge in Thomas and Bryant with Ginn, Meredith and possibly Snead in the slot that makes this offense much more dangerous. Sure Dez production was lacking lately but when you really look into it the quarterback change and lack of creativity on offense was also a major part of Dez decline. Sean Payton will understand what Dez can and cannot do amd will put him in position to succeed while Drew Brees has the touch, accuracy amd ability to read the entire field and get Bryant touches. I do feel if Bryant buys into his reduced role in NOLA he could be a asset in a quest for a superbowl championship.

Having said all that... I dont think its gonna happen.

Weren’t people talking about how bringing Coleman in instead of Vaccaro back is more than about football. It’s about leadership and having someone that can teach our young team to be professionals.

now y’all would be OK with Dez on the team?

Makin my head spin, folks  

9 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Weren’t people talking about how bringing Coleman in instead of Vaccaro back is more than about football. It’s about leadership and having someone that can teach our young team to be professionals.

now y’all would be OK with Dez on the team?

Makin my head spin, folks  

If I was the GM I would not... I was more or less saying that I can see Payton giving the thumbs up. I didnt agree with the AP signing last year for some of the same reasons I wouldnt want Dez but Payton did it anyway.

10 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

If I was the GM I would not... I was more or less saying that I can see Payton giving the thumbs up. I didnt agree with the AP signing last year for some of the same reasons I wouldnt want Dez but Payton did it anyway.

Fortunately Payton quickly understood it wasn't a good fit and sent AP packing (and actually got something for him).

Dez is not a leadership guy, that's what Michael Thomas has become, from his work ethic to his lifestyle. Now Ben Watson is in for another year, also a great leader.

Dez would be a good tool, but understand it's a 1-2 year max, because he'll go right back to being "Dez" once Brees retires.

Archived