Dez Bryant released

Mid Iowa

22 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Fortunately Payton quickly understood it wasn't a good fit and sent AP packing (and actually got something for him).

Dez is not a leadership guy, that's what Michael Thomas has become, from his work ethic to his lifestyle. Now Ben Watson is in for another year, also a great leader.

Dez would be a good tool, but understand it's a 1-2 year max, because he'll go right back to being "Dez" once Brees retires.

I agree, Dez is a tool. And, I approve this message. Never liked him, never will. HUGE no thanks!

IMO, if Coleman had Bryant's talent (4-5 year ago Bryant)...this offense would only need a TE. I mean a Shockey-type TE or Hoby Brenner-type TE. They seem to have figured out the defense, which is nice for a change. And, special teams is getting there. Look out! The Saints are growing into a well-rounded football team.

On 4/19/2018 at 7:15 AM, Mid Iowa said:

I'll assume with the Coleman signing, and likely a Snead signing Friday, the Bryant this isn't going to happen. I'm sure most of us agree that's probably a good thing.

Ravens offer Snead at 2 years 10 mil... I think he gone.

22 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Ravens offer Snead at 2 years 10 mil... I think he gone.

Yeah, as much as the kid liked NOLA, that's a huge gap to fill, and we know the Saints won't cover that, especially after last year's performance which was arguably a "prove it" year, and he came far from proving it.

I wish the kid luck. His story is pretty fun.

16 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Yeah, as much as the kid liked NOLA, that's a huge gap to fill, and we know the Saints won't cover that, especially after last year's performance which was arguably a "prove it" year, and he came far from proving it.

I wish the kid luck. His story is pretty fun.

Saints appear to be siding with the bigger receivers these days... Thomas, Merideth, Coleman. Wouldn't shock me to see them target a big physical TE like Hurst or Goedert at 27.

20 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Saints appear to be siding with the bigger receivers these days... Thomas, Merideth, Coleman. Wouldn't shock me to see them target a big physical TE like Hurst or Goedert at 27.

While I agree with this completely, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them target an undersized speedster again either lol. 

On 4/22/2018 at 12:50 AM, whodatworm23 said:

This is an interesting comment, and has me thinking.

Drew has been under throwing receivers for the past 2 years. These moves seem to me to be more "possession" receivers that can catch an 11' pass at 15 yards or redzone, rather than a burner that can stretch the field (exception Ginn, our only sub 4.48 starter (4.29)) for a 60-70 yard completion. 

I'm assuming guys who can block, run a crisp route, get up & "get it", and can widen the field for the running game.

A big TE makes total sense.......so I look for us to go running back at 27 ;)

5 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

This is an interesting comment, and has me thinking.

Drew has been under throwing receivers for the past 2 years. These moves seem to me to be more "possession" receivers that can catch an 11' pass at 15 yards or redzone, rather than a burner that can stretch the field (exception Ginn, our only sub 4.48 starter (4.29)) for a 60-70 yard completion. 

I'm assuming guys who can block, run a crisp route, get up & "get it", and can widen the field for the running game.

A big TE makes total sense.......so I look for us to go running back at 27 ;)

I love it when someone can make me rethink my stance on something. I was going to be pissed if we go TE, this may have made it more acceptable to me.

• 7 months later...

So a few months have passed. We ended up with Bryant (for a week). Do you think he'll be on our roster next season? He did come cheap, and if he can spend time with the team in the off season to get the timing down, his addition could be interesting, and fun.

Thoughts?

22 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

So a few months have passed. We ended up with Bryant (for a week). Do you think he'll be on our roster next season? He did come cheap, and if he can spend time with the team in the off season to get the timing down, his addition could be interesting, and fun.

Thoughts?

I don't recall the recovery timetable for an achilles injury, but I know D'onta Foreman with the Texans tore his during the season last year, and hasn't been able to see the field this year. I'm very intrigued by the idea of Dez Bryant on the team, but that injury combined with his age does cause some concern to me. 

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

I don't recall the recovery timetable for an achilles injury, but I know D'onta Foreman with the Texans tore his during the season last year, and hasn't been able to see the field this year. I'm very intrigued by the idea of Dez Bryant on the team, but that injury combined with his age does cause some concern to me. 

I don't know either. I suppose it's up to the individual. 
Last year, our Iowa Hawkeyes had a kid tear his ACL at the beginning of the season and played later that season (had a pick 6).
We've also seen guys like Berry (Chiefs) who is playing again after Achilles last season, but yea, hard telling. Even PUP list could be okay. Give him an additional 6 weeks to get in shape.

6 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Achilles tears are no joke, and imo, worse than any of the other potential career ending type injuries. That said, I'd like to see Dez back next year, but only if Brees returns. 

I want Dez back either way. He clearly fits our locker room. He’ll be cheap. We’ll need depth.

Archived