Pick 3 for #14

spilltray

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Top 3 after Chubb are James, Fitz and Ward. They are the best value and hit a need. I also think at least 2 if not all 3 will be gone by 14.

More realistic top 3:

Davenport, Landry, LVE

Question - and not to "sub-dissect" an already performed dissection - or to put it another way: not to overly pick your brains...

Noting the positional grouping - are you selecting these three because you consider them more talented than available DBs? Or you're considering greater depth in the DB category, so best to select the EDGE/OLB/D guy now and go CB/DB later?

Imo, there is not a DB in the draft worth the No. 14 pick after James, Ward and Fitz. 

After those 3, for GB my next top 3 DBs are Oliver, Hughes and Alexander in that order but I think all of them are 20-28 guys at best. We could probably even get one of them in the early 2nd if we move up. Not a fan of Jackson in our defense. 

And yes, much more depth at CB in general whereas after Davenport and Landry, I see a big drop in EDGE and LVE is the last of his kind on the board after Edmunds goes. Maybe Zo Carter comes to mind. 

In no particular order:

1. Ward (don't expect him to make it to 14)

2. James (very small chance of him making it)

3. Fitzpatrick (best chance of making it to us of the first three guys, IMO)

4. Landry (run to the podium and turn in the card if the first three are gone)

Archived