2 Round Mock-a-Mania

vikestyle

ROUND 1:

1) Cleveland Browns- Sam Darnold, QB, USC- I know there is a lot of Josh Allen steam here, but I think in the end Darnold ends up being the pick.

**Trade**

Buffalo trades #12, #22, #53, and a 2019 1st Round Pick to NYG for #2

2) Buffalo Bills- Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming- I know people are gonna hate this, but I really do believe this is the Bills target, and I honestly believe this will be the price. As for New York, you don't stay at 2 if you're not taking a QB. Take the draft capital.

3) New York Jets- Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma- Had a hard time deciding between Rosen and Mayfield here, but I think Mayfield is the guy to get people excited about Jets football again. He would be a star in that market.

4) Cleveland Browns- Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State- If they stay in this spot, I think this has to be the pick.

5) Denver Broncos- Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA- I think that they go QB here. Elway wants to get that position right, and Rosen drops right in their laps.

6) Indianapolis Colts- Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame- Colts take the top OL to try to protect Luck.

7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State- Bucs get their RB to help bring that offense to the next level.

**Trade**

Oakland trades #10 and #72 to Chicago for #8

8) Oakland Raiders- Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech- The Raiders go up to get a difference maker in the middle of their defense. With the Reuben Foster situation, the jumped in front of the 49ers to make sure they got their guy, and Chicago picks up a 3rd rounder.

9) San Francisco 49ers- Derwin James, S, Florida State- The 49ers get a leader for their defense, and a very clean prospect in James.

10) Chicago Bears- Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame- This is early for him, but with the emphasis the Bears put on offense this offseason I think they continue that trend here. Put McGlinchey at RT and they have themselves a very solid line to go along with all their offensive weapons. There is also the connection with the former Notre Dame OL coach, and while they lose out on Nelson, they pick up a rock solid RT.

11) Miami Dolphins- Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia- It has been a confusing offseason for the Dolphins, so its hard to guess what they will do here, but they get a stud in the middle of their defense.

12) New York Giants- Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia- The Giants pick up a stud guard to help out up front. This may be a tad early, but they really need to upgrade that line.

13) Washington Redskins- Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama- The Redskins get a leader on their defense and a guy who can match up all over the field.

14) Green Bay Packers- Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College- As a Vikings fan, this is my nightmare. Landry would be a fantastic addition to that defense.

**Trade**

Dallas trades #19, #81, and #171 to Arizona for #15

15) Dallas Cowboys- Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama- The Cowboys jump the Ravens to go get their new #1 reciever. 

16) Baltimore Ravens- Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota St.- The Ravens grab a TE to add to that offense. They lost out on Ridley, and I'm not in love with any of the remaining OL for them.

17) Los Angeles Chargers- Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville- This is a tough pick. The Chargers are built to compete now, but they are also losing out big time to the Rams when it comes to popularity. They need someone who is going to energize a fan base and get people talking about them. Jackson is that guy. He can learn from RIvers and take over in a year or two.

**Trade**

The New England Patriots trade #23 and #63 to Seattle for #18

18) New England Patriots- Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State- Ward falls, and the Patriots trade up to go get him. They get their CB across from Gilmore.

19) Arizona Cardinals- Vita Vea, DT, Washington- There isn't a QB worth picking here, and Vea presents a great value here. They get a DL to fortify their defensive interior.

20) Detroit Lions- Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama- The Lions grab a DT to generate some interior pressure.

21) Cincinnati Bengals- Connor Williams, OL, Texas- The Bengals grab an OL to help protect Dalton.

22) New York Giants- Derrius Guice, RB, LSU- The Giants trade back and miss out on Barkley, but Guice isn't a bad consolation prize.

23) Seattle Seahawks- Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa- The Seahawks trade back and still get their Sherman replacement.

24) Carolina Panthers- D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland- The Panthers pick up a much needed target for Newton.

25) Tennessee Titans- Marcus Davenport, EDGE, UTSA-  The Titans grab an Egde rusher for Mike Vrabel.

26) Atlanta Falcons- Taven Bryan, DT, Florida- This pick makes a ton of sense. The Falcons add another athletic defender.

27) New Orleans Saints- Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State- An already scary offense gets its new Jimmy Graham.

28) Pittsburgh Steelers- Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State- This one just seems like a Steelers pick. Pittsburgh gets an athletic LB to help replace Shazier.

**Trade**

Denver trades #40 and #71 to Jacksonville for #29

29) Denver Broncos- Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP- The Broncos trade up in front of the Vikings to grab the Guard that they wanted to help improve their run game and protect their new QB.

30) Minnesota Vikings- Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan- With no interior OL that they want with this pick, the Vikings grab a falling DT that will help provide interior pass rush.

31) New England Patriots- Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State- The Patriots decide to take their QBOTF at the end of the 1st so they can have a 5th year option.

32) Philadelphia Eagles- Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA- The Eagles get their LT of the future.

ROUND 2:

33) Cleveland Browns- Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

34) New York Giants- Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio State

35) Cleveland Browns- Sony Michel, RB, Georgia

36) Indianapolis Colts- Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama

37) Indianapolis Colts- Mike Hughes, CB, UCF

38) Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado

39) Chicago Bears- Josh Sweat, EDGE, Florida State

40) Jacksonville Jaguars- Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville

41) Oakland Raiders- Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

42) Miami Dolphins- Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina

43) New England Patriots- Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford

44) Washington Redskins- B.J. Hill, DT, NC State

45) Green Bay Packers- Justin Reid, S, Stanford

46) Cincinnati Bengals- Malik Jefferson, LB, Texas

47) Arizona Cardinals- James Daniels, C, Iowa

48) Los Angeles Chargers- Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio St.

49) Indianapolis Colts- Rasheem Green, DL, USC

50) Dallas Cowboys- Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech

51) Detroit Lions- Ronald Jones, RB, USC

52) Baltimore Ravens- Billy Price, OL, Ohio St.

53) New York Giants- D.J. Chark, WR, LSU

54) Kansas City Chiefs- Kemoko Turay, EDGE, Rutgers

55) Carolina Panthers- Donte Jackson, CB, LSU

56) Buffalo Bills- Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi St.

57) Tennessee Titans- Austin Corbett, G, Nevada

58) Atlanta Falcons- Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis

59) San Francisco 49ers- Braden Smith, G, Auburn

60) Pittsburgh Steelers- Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama

61) Jacksonville Jaguars- Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon

62) Minnesota Vikings- Frank Ragnow, G, Arkansas

63) Seattle Seahawks- Brian O'Neill, T, Pittsburgh

64) Cleveland Browns- Jessie Bates, S, Wake Forest

4 minutes ago, Hootlander1 said:

Terrible Bills draft and I didn’t get past Allan who is a disaster waiting to happen. Mayfield or Rosen

I don't think Allen belongs there either, but I think that's where they go. Brace yourself.

49 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

I don't think Allen belongs there either, but I think that's where they go. Brace yourself.

Don’t think Beane and McDerrmot are that stupid. They have a plan and process. This would really set them back for years  

Hard pass on Trading down for only a 2 and 3.   we have some pretty decent needs and we have a Guy who can Fill a Bigger need and we trade down to let another team get him.  

Hernandez would shore our Oline up at RG. 

round 2 works for me as we need a potential RT next year with Parnells age getting up there along with our 3rd tackle Being pretty terrible  and i believe hes a FA at the end of next year.  

if the jags did that trade theres 0 Question the Jags would pick Hurst instead of alexander.  jags love using 2 te sets and we dont have an established 2nd te. 

not to say alexander isnt a good pick but i think its a weak move to trade down from getting better on offense then adding at best a nickle corner(doubtful he overtakes hayden at the start)

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Hard pass on Trading down for only a 2 and 3.   we have some pretty decent needs and we have a Guy who can Fill a Bigger need and we trade down to let another team get him.  

Hernandez would shore our Oline up at RG. 

round 2 works for me as we need a potential RT next year with Parnells age getting up there along with our 3rd tackle Being pretty terrible  and i believe hes a FA at the end of next year.  

if the jags did that trade theres 0 Question the Jags would pick Hurst instead of alexander.  jags love using 2 te sets and we dont have an established 2nd te. 

not to say alexander isnt a good pick but i think its a weak move to trade down from getting better on offense then adding at best a nickle corner(doubtful he overtakes hayden at the start)

Makes sense. I really do love the idea of Alexander in that defense though. So much swag. I let that sway my pick for them a little bit.

22 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

Makes sense. I really do love the idea of Alexander in that defense though. So much swag. I let that sway my pick for them a little bit.

watch Duke Dawson from Florida. he would be a great Nickle for us. probably available round 3. 

our defense is only replacing 2 key guys. 1 is a NB but we signed DJ Hayden so its not a high need but could we use another young 1 sure.  

another is a LBer.  our starting Mike Retired this offseason but he was a 2-down guy and we tried out our Sam Lber in that role early preseason but we didnt go to that and instead kept the retired guy at Mike instead of him learning Sam lber.  we currently have Blair Brown as the probable leading contender for the 3rd lber role. 

the jags seem to want to be that team that dominates the trenches and run the ball and run it some more.  our RG was pretty bad last year and tho he is still pretty young hes set to be a FA and i wouldnt mind going ahead and replacing him with a Roadgrader like hernandez. 

if u want a sneaky pick in round 1 for the jags i would look at a DE/DT tweener or just a 3tech so someone like Bryan or hurst could get looks as we look to cut some salary at the DL with Jackson, Campbell, Dareus all set to make a ton of cash next year along with the ? of Picking or not picking up Fowlers option and the highly Probable Extension for Yannick ngakoue(hes very underated)

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Sorry.  Hate it.

You literally took the two highly rated players I absolutely don't want in Williams and Jefferson. And as Jason said in the post above, we got no center.

Understandable. Just curious, who do you guys prefer at center? I'm not totally sure what kind of blocking scheme you guys run. Who is the best fit in your opinion?

Archived