This ain't Bengals Talk

theJ

31 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Pretty nifty site so far. A lot easier I like it 

It's a huge improvement.  I'm anxious to see if it can boost forum activity.  The ability to post on mobile i think would be a huge draw. 

@johndeere1707

My go to's are some of the Great Lakes beers.  Probably the two i go for first:

Christmas Crack (Christmas Ale) - at christmas time obviously

Edmund Fitzgerald Porter

The one i really like that i have a hard time finding is Total Eclipse Breakfast Stout.  They sell it at the Maumee Bay Brewing Company, a local restaurant.  But i've only seen it in stores once, and that store i saw it at has since closed.

For desert, Not Your Father's Root Beer.  But i can really only drink one of those most nights.  It's really sweet.

Along the same lines, i can get into a hard cider in the fall, but i don't have a favorite.  And like the one i mentioned above, only one.  Too sweet.

30 minutes ago, theJ said:

Where do you find the ones you posted?

Warped Wing is a local brewery in Dayton so pretty much anywhere in the Dayton/Columbus/Cincy area

Rhinegeist is a cincy brewery and it's kind of the same deal. 

Summer Shandy is from Leinenhugels (sp??) I think you can find it anywhere. 

And Belhaven Scottish Ale usually I find at a specialty liquor store like Arrow Wine (or whatever your local liquor store is)

• Like 1

You should try 12 dogs of Christmas. It's the original Xmas ale recipe. Much better than what great lakes puts out now.  I usually like to drink local beer.  I did a Columbus brewery tour last month which was pretty cool.  If I am drinking cheap beer, it's almost always pbr.

2 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

You should try 12 dogs of Christmas. It's the original Xmas ale recipe. Much better than what great lakes puts out now.  I usually like to drink local beer.  I did a Columbus brewery tour last month which was pretty cool.  If I am drinking cheap beer, it's almost always pbr.

I really need to find a good craft beer store in my area.  The one i frequented closed a few months ago.  Now the best i can find is Great Lakes at the supermarkets.  And rows and rows and rows of Bud Light.

5 hours ago, theJ said:

I really need to find a good craft beer store in my area.  The one i frequented closed a few months ago.  Now the best i can find is Great Lakes at the supermarkets.  And rows and rows and rows of Bud Light.

Go to your local liquor store. They should carry a large selection of craft beer

17 hours ago, theJ said:

Great Lakes makes really good beer, so it could be worse.  I'm probably spoiled where I live.

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

Great Lakes makes really good beer, so it could be worse.  I'm probably spoiled where I live.

Oh for sure.  And for as often as i drink, i don't complain about it.  There's just very little in the way of variety.