This ain't Bengals Talk

theJ

On 8/24/2017 at 0:12 PM, Futbudds said:

Last season being the first that went past the books I felt the show got more fan-servicy and kinda got away from the spirit of the books. I still love the show but I really hope that all of the plot holes this season don't bring it off the rails.

It definitely seems more fan geared this year. And rushed, but at the same time, it is making for great television.

2 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

It definitely seems more fan geared this year. And rushed, but at the same time, it is making for great television.

I really enjoyed the finale. Still believe the show runners had more than a few bowels in the pants moments when they realized why it is taking so long for Martin to figure out an ending.

4 hours ago, theJ said:

Sounds intriguing.

I'm going to read the books someday, but not until they're all released.  I don't like reading series that aren't concluded yet.

I started on the books two years ago thinking he would be done by the time I finished. Thought the new tool album would be out by then also so I guess I should temper my expectations better.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, didn't want to start a new thread, so making a post here is the best I can do.

I know my inactivity has been dead the past few weeks, and I just wanted to let everyone be aware of my situation. Because of my life situations at the moment, I have to step away from footballsfuture for the time being, which means no more gameday threads posts or other game threads for the rest of the season. I'm hoping by when the offseason comes this will change and I can go back to posting, but right now I just don't have the time to spare. My reasons aren't that serious and I don't feel like discussing it, but I've just hit a point in my life that now I've forced myself to work 6 or even 7 days a week right now. That means I don't really have a chance to even watch football that much, so I have no knowledge of what's going on in the NFL anymore unless I read up on it. Just wanted to make that clear to you guys as to why I've disappeared.

Hope you all have a happy thanksgiving of course, hopefully this isn't "bye bye" forever. Enjoy the rest of the season guys.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...