This ain't Bengals Talk

theJ

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

Would this concept ever work?

line up an offensive lineman next to the QB instead of the running back in passing situations to maximize pass protection. 

Only if we get to see said o lineman take a check down to the house Billy Bob style once in a while.

6 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Lol I know right. Just was wondering especially due to our weak interior (looking at you Bodine). Don’t know if I’ve ever seen it done before 

Problem with that is that backs typically have to change direction quickly to pick up where the blitz is coming from.  The big guys aren't known for their change of direction skills.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
12 hours ago, Carson4MVP said:

Man, I thought the Bengals forum was a little slow... Looking at some of the other teams, the FF forums for them are just ghost towns. 

I think rival sites that have forums across sports do some damage to the traffic here. There are sub forums but it's largely football only. The idea of being able to talk about reds, blue jackets, Bengals and Buckeyes in the same network is appealing. 

4 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I think rival sites that have forums across sports do some damage to the traffic here. There are sub forums but it's largely football only. The idea of being able to talk about reds, blue jackets, Bengals and Buckeyes in the same network is appealing. 

While true, the close knit aspect of this group is also appealing.  I spend lots of time on Cincy Jungle too, but the site can have a ton of toxic replies.  it's very polarizing there.  People are seen in black and white on everything.  You either love or hate Burrow.  You either love or hate Taylor, etc.  I tend to stay in smaller circles on specific topics where about 5-10 people regularly participate.  Very similar to here.  I've even invu=ited a few of them here, but there isn't enough convo to get them here more (Jungle John, West Texas among others).

13 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

While true, the close knit aspect of this group is also appealing.  I spend lots of time on Cincy Jungle too, but the site can have a ton of toxic replies.  it's very polarizing there.  People are seen in black and white on everything.  You either love or hate Burrow.  You either love or hate Taylor, etc.  I tend to stay in smaller circles on specific topics where about 5-10 people regularly participate.  Very similar to here.  I've even invu=ited a few of them here, but there isn't enough convo to get them here more (Jungle John, West Texas among others).

That site is the reason I've never gone ahead and signed up.  Comment section is ridiculous.  It's not quite Facebook comment level,  but it's bad. Reds and blue jackets both have good forums in that system,  so it's not the whole thing.  Still,  activity leads to more activity and there's no denying we've been light.

• 2 weeks later...