Sign in to follow this  
theJ

This ain't Bengals Talk

Would this concept ever work?

line up an offensive lineman next to the QB instead of the running back in passing situations to maximize pass protection. 

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

Would this concept ever work?

line up an offensive lineman next to the QB instead of the running back in passing situations to maximize pass protection. 

Only if we get to see said o lineman take a check down to the house Billy Bob style once in a while.

7 hours ago, Futbudds said:

Only if we get to see said o lineman take a check down to the house Billy Bob style once in a while.

Lol I know right. Just was wondering especially due to our weak interior (looking at you Bodine). Don’t know if I’ve ever seen it done before 

6 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Lol I know right. Just was wondering especially due to our weak interior (looking at you Bodine). Don’t know if I’ve ever seen it done before 

Problem with that is that backs typically have to change direction quickly to pick up where the blitz is coming from.  The big guys aren't known for their change of direction skills.

And the mike linebacker can drop further into coverage because they don’t have to worry about the rb coming out of the backfield.

@Beck Bristow

Just wanted to let you know the pole barn is no more.  Well, it's still there, but i'm not.  Got all my tools moved over this weekend.  Now it's just the garage.

8 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

New house,  right?  Moving is the worst. 

Yeah new house. And yeah, it sucks.