Keyser's WR Tiers (UPDATED 8-31)

keysersoze3421

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Why so high on Tyrell? He's on my waiver wire, would you drop Chris Carson for him? 

I think he's really underrated, and I'm not sure why he's being overlooked.  He's the number 1 or 2 on a great offense (and the primary downfield option).  That alone should keep him off waivers.  A lot of his statistical ranks were right around where I have him: 17th in receiving yards, 12th in yards per catch, 16th in receiving TDs, 13th in standard scoring, 18th in PPR scoring.  Nothing really changes in my eyes.  If the concern is Allen's target volume, I have no problem just assigning the lion's share of what Travis Benjamin and Dontrelle Inman got when they were asked to take on bigger roles.  I don't think I'd draft Tyrell as WR17, but he's a guy I'm willing to take a round or 2 above ADP and would love to have as my third or fourth receiver.

On 8/13/2017 at 8:12 PM, Bianconero said:

Hopkins has also never really been elite aside from half a season of football in 2015 IIRC. I don't find him draft-able at his current ADP.

I dunno, he seems to be going where he should be, which is as a solid WR2. If this was last year where he was going in the 1st round and being put in the same tier as AJ/Jordy/Beckham types, then yeah, but I think people have properly re-adjusted based on this past season. 

I don't think he'll reach 2015 levels but there's reason to be optimistic that Brock Osweiler was just that bad and even a normal bad QB, like Tom Savage or Watson, might get Hopkins producing at a decent clip again (last year he averaged 4/50 with Brock and when Savage came in bumped up to 6/84, which - small sample size for sure, but still promising). He's going to get a high volume of targets and just needs his QB to not be all-time bad in order to produce, which isn't a given with Houston, but still possible. 

For anyone relying on Hopkins to be their WR1, they'll be severely disappointed, but I think he's a good bounceback candidate otherwise. 

Archived