Leisher's last and final mock draft.

jleisher

Two weeks and counting.  This is short but sweet, so enjoy.

#14.  Marcus Davenport  Edge  UTSA

#45.  Carlton Davis  CB  Auburn

#76.  Martinas Rankins  T  Miss

#101.  Ogbonnia Okoronkwo  Edge  Oklahoma

#133.  Rashaan Gaulden  DB  Tenn

#138.  Equanimeous  St. Brown  WR  Notre Dame

#172.  Tre'Quan Smith  WR  UCF

#174.  Troy Fumagalli  TE  WI

#186.  Will Clapp  G/C  LSU

#207.  Tyler Conklin  TE  C. Michigan

#232.  Siran Neal  DB  Jacksonville St.

#239.  Sean Welsh  G/C  Iowa 

16 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

.... we need to address ILB in the mid rounds, we seriously lack depth there.

Seems like GB has a decent stable of candidates to play ILB snaps.... maybe add a late rounder

Blake Martinez, Jake Ryan, Clay Matthews, Josh Jones. Only 1-2 on the field at a time. IF GB goes pass rusher high in draft, that reduces Clay's snaps at OLB and makes him more available inside IF they want to play him there

Lost a few snaps with Joe Thomas moving on and a few more with Burnett moving on, but I'm not grasping the "seriousness" for ILB depth

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Seems like GB has a decent stable of candidates to play ILB snaps.... maybe add a late rounder

Blake Martinez, Jake Ryan, Clay Matthews, Josh Jones. Only 1-2 on the field at a time. IF GB goes pass rusher high in draft, that reduces Clay's snaps at OLB and makes him more available inside IF they want to play him there

Lost a few snaps with Joe Thomas moving on and a few more with Burnett moving on, but I'm not grasping the "seriousness" for ILB depth

Let's assume Blake gets injured our only other dedicated ILB alternative is Jake Ryan. That's it. Period. And he ain't known to be much of a coverage ILB.

All the other options you mentioned make their respective positions weaker and those positions aren't particular strengths of the current roster.

MM says he wants Josh Jones at Safety. Clay should be part of a rushing rotation not covering an ILB role. And let's be honest Clay is probably going to injured part of the season anyway.

While Josh and Clay and a few others might take a few snaps for variation I don't really see that the depth is there in the slightest. More than that the middle of the field always seems to be a weakness for our defence, I want to really upgrade the position at least over Ryan. 

Archived