WR Quincy Enunwa to IR

NewAge

1 minute ago, skywlker32 said:

Does this make Robby Anderson the number one now or do one of the young guys step up? Or do you guys see the targets spreading pretty evenly?

I would think Anderson is now the #1. He obviously is a young guy himself.

I would guess Peake starts the year as the #2. 

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm trying to find a reason to watch a snap this season. And I can't.

Enunwa, Adams, Leonard Williams, Lee, and Hack were the guys I was most excited see play this year. Thought we could steal some games.. Now I could care less.

Go Oakland, GB, and anybody but the Pats... 

Plenty of reasons to still watch games.  Lots of young talent on defense (who is going to be overworked for sure since the O is going 3 and out a lot).  Losing one young guy isn't going to change the approach to the season, it sucks big time but it just means even more snaps for the rookie WR's.

No matter what this was going to be a brutal season with or without Q but as long as we get the #1 pick and one of these college guys step up and shows they can be the next great QB then it will all be worth it in the long run.

Williams, Lee, both safeties, the young OLB's, Simon, McGuire, Shell, Johnson, Hack, Anderson, Leggett, ASJ, Peake, Hansen, Stewart, Burris, Middleton etc.

There are so many young guys to watch and see who is a keeper and who is needs to be replaced.  If you aren't battling for the playoffs this is the next best type of season to watch and one that when it's over has the potential to end a lifetime search for a franchise QB.  We have been bad before it's nothing new but for once can we just have the #1 pick for our troubles.  Enough of these #5 and #6 picks.  I mean CLE and JAC have been drafting top 3 for what seems like a decade now but we finally tank and all of a sudden are the worst team ever, it's annoying. 

This is the best I've felt about the Jets team since the runs back in 2010-12.  Even the 10 win team 2 years ago was a fraud since we all knew they were old and not good enough to win the important games.  I for one can't wait to see what this season brings with so much uncertainty and youth.  Guess I'm in the minority.  

Can't wait (Bart Scott voice)  

Welp, some of you all wanted to tank. You got it.

I pretty much mentioned how I lost my care to watch this team play this season. Living in Atlanta, I think only 1 game is scheduled to come on TV and I'll be working that night. I'm going to keep my eye out for ASJ, Hack, Shell, and the defense. Cle, Jac, and Rams are the reasons why I don't like tanking for one position. They've had so many top 10 picks the last two decades and still suck. I'm not trying to stress myself out by watching this team. I'm just going to hope Hack or who ever we draft becomes the QB we've been waiting for and that we don't become the Chargers.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:11 AM, Rockice_8 said:

Plenty of reasons to still watch games.  Lots of young talent on defense (who is going to be overworked for sure since the O is going 3 and out a lot).  Losing one young guy isn't going to change the approach to the season, it sucks big time but it just means even more snaps for the rookie WR's.

No matter what this was going to be a brutal season with or without Q but as long as we get the #1 pick and one of these college guys step up and shows they can be the next great QB then it will all be worth it in the long run.

Williams, Lee, both safeties, the young OLB's, Simon, McGuire, Shell, Johnson, Hack, Anderson, Leggett, ASJ, Peake, Hansen, Stewart, Burris, Middleton etc.

There are so many young guys to watch and see who is a keeper and who is needs to be replaced.  If you aren't battling for the playoffs this is the next best type of season to watch and one that when it's over has the potential to end a lifetime search for a franchise QB.  We have been bad before it's nothing new but for once can we just have the #1 pick for our troubles.  Enough of these #5 and #6 picks.  I mean CLE and JAC have been drafting top 3 for what seems like a decade now but we finally tank and all of a sudden are the worst team ever, it's annoying. 

This is the best I've felt about the Jets team since the runs back in 2010-12.  Even the 10 win team 2 years ago was a fraud since we all knew they were old and not good enough to win the important games.  I for one can't wait to see what this season brings with so much uncertainty and youth.  Guess I'm in the minority.  

Can't wait (Bart Scott voice)  

I also am very excited about the up coming season. I can't wait to see McCown, throw a 8 yard bomb to Peake.  Will this duo be another Brady to Moss, or Montana, to Rice?  No wonder the Jets said they are not raising ticket prices this year.  " LORD GIVE US STRENGTH"

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Everyone makes fun of me when I say we need to get weapons. Yet year in and year out we refuse to address it and it kills us. This year will be no different.

Over drafting weapons is not smart though. The only time recently it would have made sense to take a WR in round 1 would have been if Cooper fell to us which didn't happen. This year was supposed to be a test to see if Enunwa can handle #1 WR responsibilities and see how the young guys can grow without Deck and Marshall being force fed the ball. We'll have $80M in cap space next year I fully expect us to go hard after playmakers in FA once we figure out what we have on this team. Alshon Jeffery, DeAndre Hopkins, Le'Veon Bell, Terrelle Pryor, Allen Robinson, Davante Adams, Martavis Bryant, Jimmy Graham, and Tyler Eifert are all set to be FAs. Without looking at cap numbers I expect Hopkins, Jeffery, and Eifert to get the Franchise Tag which leaves plenty of talent for us to go after. It just makes more sense to see what we have now rather than taking Mike Williams and watching him be hurt and sit on the sideline.

Archived