Mitch Mock (2nd Round Added on Page 2)

MitchAz

12 hours ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

The Buckeye fan in me would be happy with Price, but I think I'd prefer Daniels or Wynn.

I gave Price the nod for two reasons: (1) he's the most physical of the three; (2) he is very popular in Ohio.

But, Daniels or Wynn are good picks, regardless.

12 hours ago, mlucas12002 said:

Lamar Jackson as the 5th overall pick? Go back to your day job...and I'm not even a Dolphins fan.

Don't worry about that! If I were the Cleveland Browns, I would take Lamar Jackson at #1. He, imo, is going to electrify whichever team picks him.

I think that Lamar Jackson is going to be taken way higher than where the pundits think. He is THE Wild Card (pun intended) in this draft---the QB whom the pundits love to question, but the QB whom defensive coordinators fear the most. The Dolphins could be the team that trades up for him, especially if the top 4 QB go early, then it becomes a competition as to which team makes a move for Jackson.

11 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

i can live with Wynn 

I think Wynn is the Jags' perfect kind of offensive lineman. Nicely athletic, strong-willed and combative. Man it must be very exciting to be a Jags fan these days!

15 minutes ago, MitchAz said:

I struggled with this pick as well. I was tempted to tab Orlando Brown---forget the Combine---the tapes don't lie; he can be dominant---but I couldn't see Mike Zimmer signing off on Brown. 

I was also tempted to tab Martinis Rankin ahead of Miller, whom I like better than Miller. But, this may be a perfect spot for the Vikings to trade down, add another 2nd or 3rd round pick and still get one of the top tackles.

Will add a Round 2 sometime today thanks to your request.

And we don't necessarily need a tackle, either. Daniels, Ragnow, Corbett or an inside guy like that works as well.

8 hours ago, Wolfhunt said:

Allen at #1, then Fitz at #12 and a horrible LT at 22.

One of the worst things that could ever happen to Cleveland.  Allen has accuracy issues in college....do you really think that is going to improve in the NFL....nope.

#1 Darnold

#12 Ridley/Vander Esch

#22...trade this pick...our history at #22....Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, and Johnny Manziel.

The Browns are going to take Josh Allen---they badly erred when they passed on Carson Wentz and Allen is the closest thing to Wentz the Browns are going to find. in fact, Allen is more physically gifted than Wentz. Improving his accuracy will take some time, but he is already making superb strides working with Jordan Palmer.

Getting Fitzpatrick at #12 plus adding another 1st rounder was supposed to be a coup for you. Do you think Nick Saban would draft Calvin Ridley over Minkah Fitzpatrick? Not in a million years. Just saying. 

I hear you on the #22 pick! 

6 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

And we don't necessarily need a tackle, either. Daniels, Ragnow, Corbett or an inside guy like that works as well.

I though Pat Elflein did a great job at center, and it looks like they want to slide Mike Remmers to guard (to replace Berger), so, correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are zeroing in on a tackle.

26 minutes ago, MitchAz said:

I though Pat Elflein did a great job at center, and it looks like they want to slide Mike Remmers to guard (to replace Berger), so, correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are zeroing in on a tackle.

I think (and hope) the draft will dictate where Remmers plays. If there's a tackle there that they like, Remmers will play guard. If they take a guard, he'll play RT. With the strength of the interior class this year, I think we'll see Remmers playing RT again this year. And yes, Elflein stays at center.

Round 2: (as currently is---not counting my trades in Round 1)

33. CLE---Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado

34. NYG---James Daniels, C/G, Iowa

35. CLE---Sony Michel, RB, Georgia

36. IND---Lorenzo Carter, OLB/DE, Georgia

37. IND---Ronald Jones, RB, USC

38. TB---Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa

39. CHI---Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M

40. DEN---Martinas Rankins, T, Mississippi St.

41. OAK---Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

42. MIA---Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn St.

43. NE---Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond

44. WAS---Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma St.

45. GB---James Washington, WR, Oklahoma St.

46. CIN---Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina

47. AZ---Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford

48. LAC---Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama

49. IND---D.J. Chark, WR, LSU

50. DAL---Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina St.

51. DET---Kenoka Turay, OLB/DE, Rutgers

52. BAL---Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma

53. BUF---Donte Jackson, CB, LSU

54. KC---Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

55. CAR---Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio St.

56. BUF---Nathan Shepherd, DT, Fort Hayes St.

57. TEN---Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis

58. ATL---Braden Smith, G, Auburn

59. SF---Justin Reid, S, Stanford

60. PIT---Jesse Bates, S, Wake Forest

61. JAX---Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana

62. MIN---Anthony Averett, CB, Alabama

63. NE---Rahseen Green, DE, USC

64. CLE---Tyrell Crosby, T, Oregon

13 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I prefer Hernandez and Nelson over him cuz they both are roadgraders

Right---but in this mock Nelson and Hernandez are off the board by the time the Jags pick.

Archived