Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just keep fighting. Results don't matter right now. That was a great effort to get back into it. Of course, the only thing the naysayers will focus on is the loss but they're as predictable as it gets. We borderline iced a team full of bottom 6ers and competed. That shows something.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Don't you start turning on me, man. 

I always said they were going to suck this year. This stuff is more just funny to me. They aren't a good team and we aren't even fielding their actual team. I find the sucking to be amusing. They get good when they get good. That was never going to be this year. Not sure why hf gets bent out of shape about it

Just now, Forge said:

I always said they were going to suck this year. This stuff is more just funny to me. They aren't a good team and we aren't even fielding their actual team. I find the sucking to be amusing. They get good when they get good. That was never going to be this year. Not sure why hf gets bent out of shape about it

They've shown promise, that's all that matters. I think we both made fun of the fact that we were guaranteed a top pick in this draft because of the divisions before the season even started. We've been competitive and that's all I care about. Small portions of the games have let them get away from us but, the other 40-50 minutes on the ice, they look like NHLers. That's a huge jump from where we were under Hynes and Nas.

Of course, people on HF are too narrowminded to see that. Well, most of them anyways.

A real off-season, a real camp, a real preseason and a real schedule and I think we'll see a very different type of team next year. They fight hard, man. I'm proud of how they play. 

Because we are who we are, we'll be good enough to be a bubble playoff team and we'll miss out on the chance at Shane Wright because of it. I'm okay with that because I don't think I can take another poor year with the fanbase, not the team.

I'm not worried about the future of this club. Not one bit.

37 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

A real off-season, a real camp, a real preseason and a real schedule and I think we'll see a very different type of team next year. They fight hard, man. I'm proud of how they play. 

Because we are who we are, we'll be good enough to be a bubble playoff team and we'll miss out on the chance at Shane Wright because of it. I'm okay with that because I don't think I can take another poor year with the fanbase, not the team.

I'm not worried about the future of this club. Not one bit.

I don't think that there's anything to be worried about, but I don't know that this team is ready to compete next year. Just too far away to know what the team is looking at. I could see them making a trade and spending a bunch of money in FA which would drastically alter the landscape. If there aren't high quality acquisitions? Bubble team feels like it would be the ceiling to me, but not out of line.