Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

I don't know how you fix it, but its super annoying how we will get 3 or 4 really golden opportunities and miss on them all, and then the opposing team gets one and buries it. The caps went like 20 minutes without a real scoring chance, then they get one, its premium, and they bury it. 

We need better top end talent. We just do. I don't see the problem in the back 6. Nobody is rolling out 40 point scorers in the bottom 6 with any degree of regularity. But we need more guys who can pop 30 goals / 70 points. Palms is the only guy who can pop 30 (and those times may have passed) and I only view Jack as a guy that can hit 70 with any degree of regularity. 

We really need guys like Dawson / Holtz / Foote to work out and be what they are capable of being. 

In an ideal world, I think a guy like Johnsson is a third line winger. Maybe Bratt too. 

Honestly, in a perfect world, I may be trading Bratt as part of the package to get a guy like Johnny Hockey (assuming we can lock him into a contract). 

42 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Visiting my sister in Virginia so I'm not able to watch games but I see the D is back to getting the **** pushed in. How long can we possibly hold on to Nas?

I don't know, the pk has been better. No pp goals against in 2 games. Now we are losing by giving up multiple shorties in the same game!

Remember when Mango / Jack / Bratt was ripping it up and then Nico came back and they broke up that line but for some reason they have yet to go back to it and instead are potentially looking at Bratt on the 4th line with Goose as a healthy scratch? Why not just go back to what was working to begin with?

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Remember when Mango / Jack / Bratt was ripping it up and then Nico came back and they broke up that line but for some reason they have yet to go back to it and instead are potentially looking at Bratt on the 4th line with Goose as a healthy scratch? Why not just go back to what was working to begin with?

Because hockey coaches are fiddlers to the max. The most annoying thing about hockey. They don't care that one line is killing it if the rest aren't. Can't wait til Holtz, Mercer, Foote get here.