Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Todd Cordell said that Vegas could be in on Vatanen and could potentially move Kaeden Korczak for him. We'd have to eat some of Vatanen's salary so I think we could pull more than just Korczak. Regardless, I think that'd be a great pick up. Of course, you'd prefer a LHD but Korczak is a top 4 dman regardless. 

On 1/24/2020 at 11:44 PM, beekay414 said:

Todd Cordell said that Vegas could be in on Vatanen and could potentially move Kaeden Korczak for him. We'd have to eat some of Vatanen's salary so I think we could pull more than just Korczak. Regardless, I think that'd be a great pick up. Of course, you'd prefer a LHD but Korczak is a top 4 dman regardless. 

I've heard Vegas & vats together a lot in rumors. It'd be a curious decision to move korczak since vats is only ab rental and they'd be giving up a possible long term solution for the position they are looking to solve now, but I'll take it. 

Vegas could easily be worried about giving up a first since the playoffs aren't a lock

I'm annoyed that Gallant is still not the head coach of the Devils. 

Also, Arizona has fallen into the wildcard. While they do have a 3 point lead over Nashville, and 4+ points on others, they also have played the most games. Nashville has 3 games in hand on them, Jets and Chicago each have two. 

I'm going to laugh if they end up trading Hall by the deadline. 

It was weirdly fitting last night to lose to Hynes by blowing two third period, one goal leads. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Considering where we are, and with HF talking about it again, I really think we should take on Backes for an asset. We've got to use that cap space if we have nothing to spend it on. 

I'd do it in a heart beat for a first or solid prospect. No hesitation

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd do it in a heart beat for a first or solid prospect. No hesitation

Agreed 100%

We need to use all avenues to finish off this rebuild. I still don't know why we weren't in on the Marleau trade. Doesn't make any sense to me. We've had bundles of cap space for YEARS and we haven't used it outside of the Marc Savard deal.

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Agreed 100%

We need to use all avenues to finish off this rebuild. I still don't know why we weren't in on the Marleau trade. Doesn't make any sense to me. We've had bundles of cap space for YEARS and we haven't used it outside of the Marc Savard deal.

The crap part is that we have to sort the staff and front office first. I'm super, super curious what happens at the deadline

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The crap part is that we have to sort the staff and front office first. I'm super, super curious what happens at the deadline

Just friggin' take the interim off Fitzgerald and go out and offer Gallant whatever he wants. I'm so tired of this **** show of a franchise. 

28 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Just friggin' take the interim off Fitzgerald and go out and offer Gallant whatever he wants. I'm so tired of this **** show of a franchise. 

May as well. Fitz had been well thought if around the league. We Bay as well give him the crack at it. B

But damn, if we don't end up with gallant, I will freak. Just no reason not to

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

May as well. Fitz had been well thought if around the league. We Bay as well give him the crack at it. B

But damn, if we don't end up with gallant, I will freak. Just no reason not to

I'll say this...if we do absolutely nothing at the deadline, I'll probably lose my ****. That would mean there is no direction whatsoever right now from this organization. 

Alright, we really need to consider trading Blake Coleman. He'll never be better than he is right now and we could probably get a mint return if we did so. I think we need to do this rebuild right and cash in on Coleman and Palmieri at their peak values. Blow this **** up and start with a plan.