Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Lol these are the Devils I remember. 

This is why I think we are a couple of years away from really being a playoff team. Just so many holes on the defense. We probably need 4 new defenders, but a lot of the ones we have are still under contract. We need a lot of secondary scoring depth. Like a lot 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is why I think we are a couple of years away from really being a playoff team. Just so many holes on the defense. We probably need 4 new defenders, but a lot of the ones we have are still under contract. We need a lot of secondary scoring depth. Like a lot 

I think we just need structure. This system is complete chaos. 

12 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Whoever your next GM is, I hope he hires Gerald Gallant (unless there is some issue that hasn't been bought to light). He's a good coach who can really tap into the talent you guys have on your team.

I agree 100%. Reports came out that it was 100% performance based in regards to Gallant's firing. 

The Devils need to get this GM thing figured out, whether that be hiring someone or removing the interim tag and giving Fitzgerald the job. We've needed proper coaching for a long time now and there are two excellent coaches available. Gallant should be priority #1 and, if he requests input on the GM job should we approach him about the HC spot, you give him some sway. He's too good of a coach and we need structure in the worst way. I think Gallant could provide that tenfold. 

What a piss poor time to fire Shero, man.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I agree 100%. Reports came out that it was 100% performance based in regards to Gallant's firing. 

The Devils need to get this GM thing figured out, whether that be hiring someone or removing the interim tag and giving Fitzgerald the job. We've needed proper coaching for a long time now and there are two excellent coaches available. Gallant should be priority #1 and, if he requests input on the GM job should we approach him about the HC spot, you give him some sway. He's too good of a coach and we need structure in the worst way. I think Gallant could provide that tenfold. 

Absolutely agree that Gallant would be my priority head coach signing. It's bizarre how quickly teams have been willing to boot him during his coaching stints. I wonder if he's just a hard person to deal with personality wise. But he's a dude who has just succeeded when he's coached. Fitz needs to be telling ownership that he is our guy and go get him. 

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

In their last 10 games Vegas was 4-6.  They were 1st in CF%, 2nd in xGF%, and 2nd in HDCF%.  They were also 30th in SV%.

What a ridiculous overreaction to a team that is 3 points out of 1st in their (****ty) division.  The team was playing well and barring a total collapse (like firing their great coach midseason) or a run of ridiculously bad luck, they were going to make the playoffs.  It makes no sense as a purely hockey decision. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

In their last 10 games Vegas was 4-6.  They were 1st in CF%, 2nd in xGF%, and 2nd in HDCF%.  They were also 30th in SV%.

What a ridiculous overreaction to a team that is 3 points out of 1st in their (****ty) division.  The team was playing well and barring a total collapse (like firing their great coach midseason) or a run of ridiculously bad luck, they were going to make the playoffs.  It makes no sense as a purely hockey decision. 

It's weird, it's the same thing that happened to him in Florida. Like, he was awesome for 2 straight years, the team gets out of the gate slowly in year three after a 9 win improvement his first year, a club record win total his second. Year three, he starts 11-11 and he's gone.