Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Maybe. Boqvist seemed to be driving play and making Wood and Hayden look better than they are.

I would have preferred him instead of wood. I don't get the appeal of wood. I actually love him as an energetic forth liner. He's overpaid for that, but whatever. But that is all he is. Here doesn't have the skill to be a top six guy, and it confounds me that they keep trying it, even die to injuries. 

Boqvist has some top six skill set. Just put him up there when people are hurt and give him chances with talented players who may be successful together. 

• Like 1

Why even put Blackwood in there in relief of Cory? You know Cory is going to get slaughtered the moment you start him. If you can't deal with the idea of Cory getting shelled, he probably shouldn't be your back up goalie to begin with. Just take the beating you were always going to take with Cory in net. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

We don't have to worry about our draft spot if we keep trotting Cory out there. He is our new tank commander. 

It's sad that we can't even consider his contract a horrible albatross. We can seriously just let him stay on the AHL roster the next two seasons and he wouldn't have any impact on us whatsoever because we aren't all that close, I think, and we aren't going to need the money. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Also, the Yotes are so close to falling out of the playoffs lol

Best thing that could possibly happen. I'd love it. As much as I like this draft, the idea of getting a pick in the top 7 and then another in the top 15 is super exciting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Best thing that could possibly happen. I'd love it. As much as I like this draft, the idea of getting a pick in the top 7 and then another in the top 15 is super exciting. 

Yep. Would make the Hall trade a home run through and through. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

How does hf not allow specific player threads? That's dumb as hell

That forum is a ton of clutter and they do a lot of deleting posts. I only post there when I feel like it. I got a warning for flaming when I told Out of Business to say he was ignorant at his job FFS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

@Forge

It's gameday baby. I have no expectations nor do I expect to win but, to hell with it, I'm gonna talk ****.

Rice fumbled. Sherman's a Seachicken and Rodge is about to take back his state. Pack to the god damn Super Bowl.

If only Rodgers knew how to beat the niners in the playoffs. All that hate he had for them about taking Smith first, and he can't make them pay in the playoffs. About to be 0-3.