Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

I don't friggin' know. These dudes want to get better but don't want to trade from this team. Yeah, I get we need top 6 goal scoring forwards but who gives a **** about this year and next? If we're gonna suck, we might as well do it right. Keeping Palms around is half assing this thing. Retain 50% and go get a nice *** haul for a dude that doesn't fit our timeline. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm super curious what the Avs do now with the injury. They have to solve the goalie problem too. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm super curious what the Avs do now with the injury. They have to solve the goalie problem too. 

Well, it's either they pay premium price for a rental like Tatar or Kreider or they get Palms who is cost effective for another year as well. I think we could pull something significant from them if we try. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Well, it's either they pay premium price for a rental like Tatar or Kreider or they get Palms who is cost effective for another year as well. I think we could pull something significant from them if we try. 

Yeah, their situation is pretty nasty. He's out 6-8 weeks with a broken collarbone. Kadri is already out. Grubauer is out. Just brutal. 

Palms / Zacha / Butcher for 

Newhook / 1st / Zadorov 

:D:D:D

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, their situation is pretty nasty. He's out 6-8 weeks with a broken collarbone. Kadri is already out. Grubauer is out. Just brutal. 

Palms / Zacha / Butcher for 

Newhook / 1st / Zadorov 

:D:D:D

lol I can only imagine how bad a Butcher-Cole pairing would be.

• Like 1

My favorite thing of all-time is guitarguyvic and Out to Lunch bitching about Jack Hughes incessantly in the past because he's not a 50 point scorer or whatever arbitrary number they want to use, despite the fact that he leads the 2019 draft class in scoring, 1 point ahead of Kaako and Dach, despite playing less games than both (50 vs 54 and 53). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

My favorite thing of all-time is guitarguyvic and Out to Lunch bitching about Jack Hughes incessantly in the past because he's not a 50 point scorer or whatever arbitrary number they want to use, despite the fact that he leads the 2019 draft class in scoring, 1 point ahead of Kaako and Dach, despite playing less games than both (50 vs 54 and 53). 

I will readily admit I am disappointed with Jacks' season. Hell, I'm disappointed with the entire devils season. I don't think that's a shock. Not worried about him moving forward. He probably should have a stayed another year, but I don't think that it will have any real impact 

Just now, Forge said:

I will readily admit I am disappointed with Jacks' season. Hell, I'm disappointed with the entire devils season. I don't think that's a shock. Not worried about him moving forward. He probably should have a stayed another year, but I don't think that it will have any real impact 

Yeah, I still love what I see from him considering he came from the USNTDP straight to the NHL. I'm not sure of anyone else that's done that, not even Matthews did that! The only thing this hurts is it's basically a wasted year on his ELC so you'd hope that you get a bridge deal out of him rather than immediately paying for potential, which would come in larger than what Hischier got. 

I dunno. I still love Hughes and think he's going to be a star and a PPG player in his prime. Kid was basically playing a step above high school hockey last year lol.

If we do consider moving Vatanen to Carolina, I hope we can get Gauthier. Don't know how likely that is but he's another nice fit with Jack and Nico. He's huge (6'4" 227) and he's a goal scorer. I think that's something we're going to put a ton of emphasis on going forward. Thus, why I wouldn't really be interested in Kuokkanen. He's more of the same and not a superb fit here. I think, if we acquire Gauthier, he'd ease the loss of Palmieri should we trade him. I think Gauthier could join the big club right away too. He's already in his 3rd season in the AHL due to Carolina's winger depth.  I would do Vatanen for Gauthier and either Carolina's 2nd or Buffalo's 3rd. Wouldn't really need a premium pick considering what Gauthier offers.

Of course, Jake Bean doesn't need to be mentioned because he'd be a HR acquisition too and someone I'd take 1 for 1 for Vatanen. Gauthier or Bean and I'm good.

Edited by beekay414

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

If we do consider moving Vatanen to Carolina, I hope we can get Gauthier. Don't know how likely that is but he's another nice fit with Jack and Nico. He's huge (6'4" 227) and he's a goal scorer. I think that's something we're going to put a ton of emphasis on going forward. Thus, why I wouldn't really be interested in Kuokkanen. He's more of the same and not a superb fit here. I think, if we acquire Gauthier, he'd ease the loss of Palmieri should we trade him. I think Gauthier could join the big club right away too. He's already in his 3rd season in the AHL due to Carolina's winger depth.  I would do Vatanen for Gauthier and either Carolina's 2nd or Buffalo's 3rd. Wouldn't really need a premium pick considering what Gauthier offers.

Of course, Jake Bean doesn't need to be mentioned because he'd be a HR acquisition too and someone I'd take 1 for 1 for Vatanen. Gauthier or Bean and I'm good.

Yeah, Bean would be the ultimate prize. That being said, the one thing I really like about Carolina as a trade partner is that a lot of their guys are close. Quite a few in the ahl and most are playing at least solidly. I'm in for Gauthier, mentioned him a few times.

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Gross, Carolina!

**** the Rags

I'm sort of annoyed right now. The west is seriously falling apart. Colorado is hurt. Edmonton's entire team is hurt. Vancouver just lost Boeser and Leivo for the season most likely as well. Meanwhile, AZ just staying healthy lol. I swear to god, if Vancouver ends up out of the playoffs and AZ ends up in the playoffs, I'm going to be upset lol

55 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm sort of annoyed right now. The west is seriously falling apart. Colorado is hurt. Edmonton's entire team is hurt. Vancouver just lost Boeser and Leivo for the season most likely as well. Meanwhile, AZ just staying healthy lol. I swear to god, if Vancouver ends up out of the playoffs and AZ ends up in the playoffs, I'm going to be upset lol

I think we'll be alright. Vancouver is still good enough to at least make it. 

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think we'll be alright. Vancouver is still good enough to at least make it. 

Sounds like Bruins / Avs are all in on Kreider. Bunch of teams in on Dillon. I'm assuming that we take a slightly more back burner approach with the rest of our guys to see what is hanging out.