Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Butcher has been an amazing college signing. Never expected this type of season from him. One of the lone bright spots on defense along with Vatanen (most of the time). 

He really has been. Better defensively than I would have thought as well, though I'd say he's best suited on that third pairing. The problem is that neither of them is exactly a defensive powder keg, which sucks. 

And man, Severson...just so many turnovers. If he ever cleans that up, he could really be a nice defenseman. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He really has been. Better defensively than I would have thought as well, though I'd say he's best suited on that third pairing. The problem is that neither of them is exactly a defensive powder keg, which sucks. 

And man, Severson...just so many turnovers. If he ever cleans that up, he could really be a nice defenseman. 

He's been on the 3rd pairing though most of the year. Greene and Moore have been our top 2 LHD.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

He's been on the 3rd pairing though most of the year. Greene and Moore have been our top 2 LHD.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. I actually like him there...at least right now. Eventually he should move up, but this year and next year I'd probably keep him on that back pairing. 

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, that's what I was saying. I actually like him there...at least right now. Eventually he should move up, but this year and next year I'd probably keep him on that back pairing. 

Depends. I think, when we let Moore leave, he'll jump up to the 2nd pairing while Mirco will be our 3rd line LHD.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Kinkaid in. That groin isn't healed for Cory.

Definitely not. I was worried about coming in to the game. He couldn't even get through the third period last game without getting banged up. 

Nico is really good at drawing penalties as a rookie, particularly for a kid that isn't McDavid or Matthews. I wouldn't have expected that from him.