Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

MAF is on the decline imo. Crawford can still play. Only good thing about MAF is the asset you'll get from Vegas

Yep. As a player I prefer Crawford by a good amount.  Money in that short of a term is whatever. Can't hate it. I think that's gonna be a good tandem

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Forge said:

You know, the baumgartner kid has quite a few fans. Want a huge fan of the pick just based on the data, but seems like there are some people who dig him

Yeah, I don't know much about him. Think my reaction to him was clouded by the fact that the Russians were still OTB when we took him. Dmitri Rashevsky must just not want to come over at all.

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm going to assume we have an internal cap and guess we have about 6 million left in space. I'd honestly take pieces like Johnsson and McDermott from Toronto and be okay with that. 

Hope not, otherwise our top 6 is gonna have a turd in it somewhere if we do (have a hard cap). We still have to address Top 6 wing (LW or RW depending on what we're doing with Gusev) and a bottom pairing defenseman (also depending on what we're doing with Smith). If we do have a hard cap, then that ~$6 Million better be used wisely (Kahun and Koekkoek!). It also leaves us pretty damn weak at RW which would be filled by a mix of Anderson, Merkley, Bastian, etc. in the bottom 6.

Edited by beekay414

3 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Take Tyler Johnson + RHD Cal Foote from the Lightning. You guys have the other Foote brother no? Tampa might hate giving up a young D-man, but they might be able to keep their already young talents on the main team.

I'm not sure how Johnson fits with us tho. Obviously he can play LW and take faceoffs on a Hughes line but he's not a good defensive forward and I'm not sure how a Johnson-Hughes-Palmieri line works because of that.

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bratt-Hischier-Gusev
Johnson-Hughes-Palmieri
Kuokkanen/Boqvist-Zacha-Anderson
Wood-Zajac-Bastian/Merkley

Murray-Severson
Butcher-Subban
Smith-Foote

Blackwood-Crawford

I could live with that tho.

That's actually a good line up. You add a lot of veterans in good positions. Crawford and Johnson's deal end in 2 and 3 seasons (where Hischier and Hughes are gonna need new deals). You ease in a potential top pairing too.

It would set you guys up nicely to contend for the playoffs at least this season.

2 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

That's actually a good line up. You add a lot of veterans in good positions. Crawford and Johnson's deal end in 2 and 3 seasons (where Hischier and Hughes are gonna need new deals). You ease in a potential top pairing too.

It would set you guys up nicely to contend for the playoffs at least this season.

Johnson has 4 years left. That's the only turnoff to doing that deal. We'd have to REALLY believe in Foote as an eventual top pairing RHD.

Oh and Hischier is signed for 7 years already.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

I like it. Joey was an easy to root for prospect, but he was always capped in potential. I don't love Johnsson, but he absolutely improves the power play and can play up the top six

I do wish he didn't have 3 years left, but that's a minor quibble