Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

59 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think we're gearing up to make a run at the playoffs tbh

Oh, I don't think we are there yet. Mainly because the defense is still in flux and I'd be shocked if Murray plays 50 games lol. We would still need the offense to step up too. Jack and Nico for sure. I think we have about 5-6 million to play with left so someone else could come in. 

But I like that we aren't punting the season. I'm just tempering expectations after we were so high on this team last year lol

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, I don't think we are there yet. Mainly because the defense is still in flux and I'd be shocked if Murray plays 50 games lol. We would still need the offense to step up too. Jack and Nico for sure. I think we have about 5-6 million to play with left so someone else could come in. 

But I like that we aren't punting the season. I'm just tempering expectations after we were so high on this team last year lol

Well, yeah but the mix is way better this year and we were a bubble team when MBW started games. Now replace Vatanen with Murray and add Crawford instead of the random sludge we had at goalie and we're right there. Plus, real coach vs pretend coach. 

I'll temper expectations but I wouldn't be shocked if we compete. The balance is legit. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well, yeah but the mix is way better this year and we were a bubble team when MBW started games. Now replace Vatanen with Murray and add Crawford instead of the random sludge we had at goalie and we're right there. Plus, real coach vs pretend coach. 

I'll temper expectations but I wouldn't be shocked if we compete. The balance is legit. 

We were so young and naive last year.

Also, I'm still not opposed to bringing back Vats. I feel like his market is cold as hell

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah I figured that out lol

STI may have love Anderson too much. He's awesome but he's not infallible. Sorry, I'm brief cuz I'm drunk lol. Good night in my buddy's new basement bar. 

I decided to run out and play poker for the first time in 8 months. Still sitting there. 

And yes, I think sti loves him too much. I think Joey is closer to pandolfo that a 20/20 type. I do get not loving the deal though. I've always been lukewarm on Johnsson. But in a straight up deal, that's hard to say no to

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I decided to run out and play poker for the first time in 8 months. Still sitting there. 

And yes, I think sti loves him too much. I think Joey is closer to pandolfo that a 20/20 type. I do get not loving the deal though. I've always been lukewarm on Johnsson. But in a straight up deal, that's hard to say no to

You got a room for rent cuz I need to live there? Lol kidding

I'll take the proven middle 6 winger for the projected 3rd liner for sure. I just cut him in for top 9 minutes so I'm torn on how our bottom 6 RW spots look going forward. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

You got a room for rent cuz I need to live there? Lol kidding

I'll take the proven middle 6 winger for the projected 3rd liner for sure. I just cut him in for top 9 minutes so I'm torn on how our bottom 6 RW spots look going forward. 

Currently down a stack. Not the return to the ring I was hoping for. I've suddenly fine to the realization that this is going to be a longer night than I wanted

• Like 1