Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

This guy has generally been full of it in the past, but he has started getting a little better. Obviously, there's not really anything he's saying here that means anything, but I really want no piece of Hoffman unless it's like a 1 or 2 year deal 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

This guy has generally been full of it in the past, but he has started getting a little better. Obviously, there's not really anything he's saying here that means anything, but I really want no piece of Hoffman unless it's like a 1 or 2 year deal 

Isn't he practically worthless 5v5 nowadays?

EDIT - Ah nvm, just looked up his numbers. Only 21 of his 59 points were PP points.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Isn't he practically worthless 5v5 nowadays?

EDIT - Ah nvm, just looked up his numbers. Only 21 of his 59 points were PP points.

It's interesting that I believe the athletic did a FA preview a while back, and for whatever reason, it's model hated Hoffman and his expected aging curve. Wonder why that was. 

Just now, Forge said:

It's interesting that I believe the athletic did a FA preview a while back, and for whatever reason, it's model hated Hoffman and his expected aging curve. Wonder why that was. 

Who knows. We could use goal scorers still so I'm not going to say no to Hoffman on short term. If he wants anything over 3 years, I'm out.

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Who knows. We could use goal scorers still so I'm not going to say no to Hoffman on short term. If he wants anything over 3 years, I'm out.

The thing is, with only 5-6 million left to spend, I'd rather put that toward defense, even if that means I'd miss out on Hoffman and Dadanov and guys like that by waiting too long. We need to add one more quality defender 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

The thing is, with only 5-6 million left to spend, I'd rather put that toward defense, even if that means I'd miss out on Hoffman and Dadanov and guys like that by waiting too long. We need to add one more quality defender 

That's obviously assuming we have an internal cap...

40 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

That's obviously assuming we have an internal cap...

I would almost guarantee it, but even if we don't, that's about the max you'd want to spend to leave yourself money for performance overages we have (3.5 million), call ups and the the like. 

Just now, Forge said:

I would almost guarantee it, but even if we don't, that's about the max you'd want to spend to leave yourself money for performance overages we have (3.5 million), call ups and the the like. 

Well how about going and getting Schmidt/Martinez and then getting Kahun on a good deal? I think that would be a home run offseason and it still leaves us enough for the RFAs and call ups. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Well how about going and getting Schmidt/Martinez and then getting Kahun on a good deal? I think that would be a home run offseason and it still leaves us enough for the RFAs and call ups. 

Schmidt + Kahun is probably more than we want to spend without flipping someone elsewhere (which is a possibility...I really want us to find a taker for Wood), but Martinez  + Kahun would be right in our wheelhouse and I think knock it out of the park. 

Or we get Sergachev LOL. 

I'd love for us to shed just a little money either via Butcher or Wood if we can. That would be awesome. I want to get a little more involved in this market lol

Just now, Forge said:

Schmidt + Kahun is probably more than we want to spend without flipping someone elsewhere (which is a possibility...I really want us to find a taker for Wood), but Martinez  + Kahun would be right in our wheelhouse and I think knock it out of the park. 

Or we get Sergachev LOL. 

I'd love for us to shed just a little money either via Butcher or Wood if we can. That would be awesome. I want to get a little more involved in this market lol

Schmidt-Kahun is still feasible IMO even without moving someone out. Would actually probably try to pull of a 3 way with Vegas and Florida where we get Weegar, Florida gets Schmidt and Vegas gets relief. Weegar fits our range better than Schmidt does and should cost us a lot less for now.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Schmidt-Kahun is still feasible IMO even without moving someone out. Would actually probably try to pull of a 3 way with Vegas and Florida where we get Weegar, Florida gets Schmidt and Vegas gets relief. Weegar fits our range better than Schmidt does and should cost us a lot less for now.

I'd really like to get Weegar, I think that's a no brainer for us if we can get in there. 

There are so many options out there. IT's not unrealistic that we can still get Dunn or something as well. 5 teams over the cap, 8 have less than 1m in space. 

Hell, at some point, maybe TB just has to consider a Smith for Sergachev swap straight up lol. They still haven't moved anyone, which is crazy. Teams are losing cap space every day lol