Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

I'd really like to get Weegar, I think that's a no brainer for us if we can get in there. 

There are so many options out there. IT's not unrealistic that we can still get Dunn or something as well. 5 teams over the cap, 8 have less than 1m in space. 

Hell, at some point, maybe TB just has to consider a Smith for Sergachev swap straight up lol. They still haven't moved anyone, which is crazy. Teams are losing cap space every day lol

Yeah, Fitzy is playing his cards right even if you don't agree with the Johnsson-Anderson swap this early in the process. I think we're going to come out of this with another quality defender or two and I even think that, if the opportunity presents itself, we would go beyond an internal cap for a top 6 forward. I think we're going to swindle our way into being a playoff team. Might be getting ahead of myself but I think it's not totally unreasonable to think that.

Hockey fans are so much worse than other fans in some regards. 

"oh I wouldn't help vegas out, blah blah blah". Like, why would you not take advantage of getting a really good asset dirt cheap? You're just going to let someone else do it? That's stupid. 

Apparently we tried to sign Bogosian...offered him more money than Toronto even. So that's interesting. Glad that fell through, but tells me we aren't looking at getting a high quality defender back there. And we are maybe wanting to play Ty on the left as opposed to the right. So maybe we are trying to go cheap on the 3rd pair RHD and add another quality like top 6 forward? 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Apparently we tried to sign Bogosian...offered him more money than Toronto even. So that's interesting. Glad that fell through, but tells me we aren't looking at getting a high quality defender back there. And we are maybe wanting to play Ty on the left as opposed to the right. So maybe we are trying to go cheap on the 3rd pair RHD and add another quality like top 6 forward? 

Who knows? If we're going cheap, why not just sign a stopgap like the king of 1 year deals, MDZ?

If we're adamant about playing Smith on his natural side, then we need to sign a defensive bottom pairing RHD and pair him with Butcher. Let Smith ride with Subban. It's almost going to HAVE to be a trade though. The right hand defensive UFA market is barren. It's all 6/7 guys and the only natural RHD defensive dmen available are Engelland and Stone and neither were good at all last year. I REALLY hope we aren't planning on plugging Walsh in immediately. That would be BRUTAL on the bottom pair, even if it's Smith and not Butcher.

Murray-Severson
Smith-Subban
Butcher-UFA/Trade