Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Just thought about this...Blake Coleman just made himself some MAJOR money IMO. He's got a chance to score 40 in Tampa with those guys.

I'll be curious to see if he ends up in the top 6, or if they keep him on the 3rd line with no power play time. 

We've turned Taylor Hall, Andy Greene and Blake Coleman into;

Two conditional 2020 1st round picks (could transfer to 2021 due to lottery/playoffs)
2021 2nd round pick
Conditional 2021 3rd round pick (would upgrade to 2021 2nd if Hall re-signs or ARI wins a playoff round; upgrades to a 2021 1st if both occur)
LW Nolan Foote
LHD Kevin Bahl
RW Nick Merkley
C Nate Schnarr
RHD David Quenneville (fodder obvsly)

And we still have Simmonds and Vatanen along with potentials like Palmieri and Zajac should he choose, now that Greene is gone, to waive his NTC.

Just now, beekay414 said:

We've turned Taylor Hall, Andy Greene and Blake Coleman into;

Two conditional 2020 1st round picks (could transfer to 2021 due to lottery/playoffs)
2021 2nd round pick
Conditional 2021 3rd round pick (would upgrade to 2021 2nd if Hall re-signs or ARI wins a playoff round; upgrades to a 2021 1st if both occur)
LW Nolan Foote
LHD Kevin Bahl
RW Nick Merkley
C Nate Schnarr
RHD David Quenneville (fodder obvsly)

And we still have Simmonds and Vatanen along with potentials like Palmieri and Zajac should he choose, now that Greene is gone, to waive his NTC.

As crazy as it sounds....don't discount Gusev either. Same boat as Palms and Coleman. One year left, already 28 years old. The Devils could absolutely move him if they are concerned he won't re-sign. 

Just now, Forge said:

As crazy as it sounds....don't discount Gusev either. Same boat as Palms and Coleman. One year left, already 28 years old. The Devils could absolutely move him if they are concerned he won't re-sign. 

I think he stays tbh. We won't get much more now than we would with him as a rental next year IMO.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I think he stays tbh. We won't get much more now than we would with him as a rental next year IMO.

I would agree with that. I think if you trade him, you trade him then. His value has a chance to actually increase next year. Coleman's & Palms' would only get worse. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Hell, we could also mention Severson, Wood and Butcher too. Feasibly everyone sans Hischier, Hughes, Bratt, Blackwood and Subban (simply due to the contract). 

Severson or Butcher to Vegas would just make so much damn sense (if they don't get Vats). 

4 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Pretty good trade for both teams.  Coleman is really good and fits perfectly for what TB needs and a 1st is always good to pick up at the deadline. 

Yeah, the fact that he's locked up at less than 2 milion next year and can pot 25-30 for Tampa is huge. They don't need the first, either. I like it for both. It was the right move for us to capitalize on that value