Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I'd be okay picking up the phone and trying it out. Maybe a change of scenery swap of two LHD in the wrong roles? Then again, Butcher might not fit a role there. Maybe they like Miles Wood too? Butcher+Wood for Ghost and filler?

Oh dear god..."you can't trade palms! that's not how rebuilds work!". 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Trochek seems like damaged goods.

See, I kind of feel like Florida makes him out to be way worse than he is just because I think that they feel cheated that he's not a 70 point guy. He seems to be an okay 40-50 point guy though, you know? Like, he was pacing at 50 points last year. This year even better. He hasn't been under that pace since his second year in the league. Good possession numbers. The only year he had a sub 50 Corsi was ironically the year he scored 75 points lol. Most of his points are 5 on 5, which is good. Always been a very good face off man. He's creating scoring chances in line with the likes of Barkov, Huberdeau (but lower high danger changes). 

I'm seriously confused by what the issue is with him. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

See, I kind of feel like Florida makes him out to be way worse than he is just because I think that they feel cheated that he's not a 70 point guy. He seems to be an okay 40-50 point guy though, you know? Like, he was pacing at 50 points last year. This year even better. He hasn't been under that pace since his second year in the league. Good possession numbers. The only year he had a sub 50 Corsi was ironically the year he scored 75 points lol. Most of his points are 5 on 5, which is good. Always been a very good face off man. He's creating scoring chances in line with the likes of Barkov, Huberdeau (but lower high danger changes). 

I'm seriously confused by what the issue is with him. 

As you said, maybe they just feel cheated by his career year? I dunno. I don't think we'll look to add vets via trade though unless it's player for player. Certainly aren't going to do what Shero did and trade draft capital IMO. Trochek and Ghost would be nice additions but they are both 27 this year.

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

As you said, maybe they just feel cheated by his career year? I dunno. I don't think we'll look to add vets via trade though unless it's player for player. Certainly aren't going to do what Shero did and trade draft capital IMO. Trochek and Ghost would be nice additions but they are both 27 this year.

I honestly didn't realize that they were both that old. I thought they were younger. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I feel like that dude's answer essentially comes down to, "because I said so" with regards to Palmieri

lol yeah. He just said things to say things. There's no basis for thought in any of it. It's just a "no I don't want to trade Palmieri" type deal. There's no rhyme or reason for what he's saying. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I honestly didn't realize that they were both that old. I thought they were younger. 

Yeah, I think they are just outside of our window. If they were 24? Jump all over it. But they are "next contract at 30" guys by the time we're competing. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I think they are just outside of our window. If they were 24? Jump all over it. But they are "next contract at 30" guys by the time we're competing. 

Agreed, I'd probably re-think those guys. Good targets when the window is much closer. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol yeah. He just said things to say things. There's no basis for thought in any of it. It's just a "no I don't want to trade Palmieri" type deal. There's no rhyme or reason for what he's saying. 

I was a bit of a jerk...I asked him how the Colorado rebuild worked if they didn't have Palms LOL

Just now, beekay414 said:

lol I saw that. I'm sure he's looking up to see which player on that team was 30 then LOL

So I think if Drysdale is on the board when we pick first, it has to be him. With 2, possibly 3 more picks in the first round after that (depending on trades) I think we could hit forwards hard the rest of the round,  in a deep draft, especially if Arizona misses the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

So I think if Drysdale is on the board when we pick first, it has to be him. With 2, possibly 3 more picks in the first round after that (depending on trades) I think we could hit forwards hard the rest of the round,  in a deep draft, especially if Arizona misses the playoffs. 

Absolutely. I think, as long as we don't pick top 2, Drysdale is the top target on the board with how valuable young dmen are. Stutzle could be a superstar too so it'd be hard to pass on him though. I don't want to draft for need but I really want Drysdale.