Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Interesting conundrum - if AZ beats Nashville, would you want to Arizona to win the next round and push the pick down even further (I think then it would be at best like 24, right?), but keep the door open to get their first round pick the following year if re-signing Hall? I don't like their chances of re-signing him, but it's an interesting question. 

No. If they win, I'd still want them to get boatraced by whoever they play. I can live with the 16th/17th pick and then a 2021 third as the return. Because if Hall doesn't re-sign, it's just a 2021 2nd while worsening our draft spot in a loaded draft. 

I mean, we'd still have a shot at a Gunler/Perreault/Peterka type forward or an O'Rourke/Barron type dman with that pick but that's a long way down from Quinn/Mercer/Jarvis/Amirov.

Edited by beekay414

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No. If they win, I'd still want them to get boatraced by whoever they play. I can live with the 16th/17th pick and then a 2021 third as the return. Because if Hall doesn't re-sign, it's just a 2021 2nd while worsening our draft spot in a loaded draft. 

I mean, we'd still have a shot at a Gunler/Perreault/Peterka type forward or an O'Rourke/Barron type dman with that pick but that's a long way down from Quinn/Mercer/Jarvis/Amirov.

I agree. I don't think I can root for them to win the next one. I suppose I'd have to have a definitive answer on where that pick is going to be. I'm assuming that it's 16/17...I'd guess the worst it could be would be 17 since only Chicago could get into the actual playoffs and lose and have a worse record? McKenzie had Lapierre at 15, Schneider at 17, Jarvis at 18, Amirov at 19. Those are guys that I really like. Hell, Jarvis is my #11. I don't think I want to fall below that slotting. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I agree. I don't think I can root for them to win the next one. I suppose I'd have to have a definitive answer on where that pick is going to be. I'm assuming that it's 16/17...I'd guess the worst it could be would be 17 since only Chicago could get into the actual playoffs and lose and have a worse record? McKenzie had Lapierre at 15, Schneider at 17, Jarvis at 18, Amirov at 19. Those are guys that I really like. Hell, Jarvis is my #11. I don't think I want to fall below that slotting. 

Actually, could be 16/17/18. Montreal and Chicago could theoretically do it. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I agree. I don't think I can root for them to win the next one. I suppose I'd have to have a definitive answer on where that pick is going to be. I'm assuming that it's 16/17...I'd guess the worst it could be would be 17 since only Chicago could get into the actual playoffs and lose and have a worse record? McKenzie had Lapierre at 15, Schneider at 17, Jarvis at 18, Admirov at 19. Those are guys that I really like. Hell, Jarvis is my #11. I don't think I want to fall below that slotting. 

Yeah, I could live with Perreault/Gunler/Peterka and probably Mysak too but I'm in love with the Quinn/Mercer/Jarvis/Amirov group that would be in that range.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Forgot about Lapierre at 16/17/18.

It's not ideal with the concussions, but if you're going to end up picking there, just swing for the fences. We need top 6 guys. We have enough grinder and bottom 6 guys who can maybe play up. We need guys with some ceiling. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's not ideal with the concussions, but if you're going to end up picking there, just swing for the fences. We need top 6 guys. We have enough grinder and bottom 6 guys who can maybe play up. We need guys with some ceiling. 

Yeah, it's a risk but it's whatever. Like you said, swing for the fences. Could also put Askarov in that same range. Wouldn't be ideal but it is what it is.

How is someone going to say, "nobody will want him at the deadline / you can' trade him at the deadline" and then compare him to a dude that was seriously the king of deadline trades? And then not understand what I was getting at by asking if that was what he did? lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Forge said:

How is someone going to say, "nobody will want him at the deadline / you can' trade him at the deadline" and then compare him to a dude that was seriously the king of deadline trades? And then not understand what I was getting at by asking if that was what he did? lol

My thing is how is Chucky not good at hockey just because he had one bad season? He's a consistent 40-50 point guy ffs. 

@Forge

I keep seeing people say that Lou is gonna go after Taylor Hall. Where are they gonna get the cap space from? From what I can see on Cap Friendly, they only have $8 Million in space and they have to pay Barzal and Toews. So they couldn't really even get him on a 1 year deal either. 

Edited by beekay414

28 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

@Forge

I keep seeing people say that Lou is gonna go after Taylor Hall. Where are they gonna get the cap space from? From what I can see on Cap Friendly, they only have $8 Million in space and they have to pay Barzal and Toews. So they couldn't really even get him on a 1 year deal either. 

People are stupid. 

They can't even afford Barzal right now. They are going to have to shed salary. Unless they can get Barzal to swallow a real sweetheart bridge deal, he's going to eat up basically their entire cap. And that's with Pulock being an RFA as well, one of the reasons I want to push hard after him (even though he's a righty). 

They are basically going to dump Leddy for a song to someone. Hell, could be us, though I don't love it. He's a competent d-man, 5.5 for 2 more years and is going to be 30. But he's going to cost like a 6th round pick just because they need the money. I don't even think that they can stash Ladd on LTIR.