Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

What heads though? They already fired Babcock!

It has to be dubas, right? Not to mention players. As much as tml fans reject proposals for guys like kapanen, guys like him have to go. Did you see the aborted contested breakaway? Oof. They have no defense, nothing but skill, they need to supplement with other skills

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

It has to be dubas, right? Not to mention players. As much as tml fans reject proposals for guys like kapanen, guys like him have to go. Did you see the aborted contested breakaway? Oof. They have no defense, nothing but skill, they need to supplement with other skills

You'd think. They're kinda stuck though because of how much money is invested into Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly and Muzzin. They certainly aren't getting any better next year because they have $4.5 Million in cap space, period, and there's no relief coming in the future either.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

You'd think. They're kinda stuck though because of how much money is invested into Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly and Muzzin. They certainly aren't getting any better next year because they have $4.5 Million in cap space, period, and there's no relief coming in the future either.

God, that's bleak. Nylander would snag a good return, but honestly, that's not a bad contract at this point lol. Like, that marner deal is brutal now in a flat cap world. 

They need to find a hockey trade 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

God, that's bleak. Nylander would snag a good return, but honestly, that's not a bad contract at this point lol. Like, that marner deal is brutal now in a flat cap world. 

They need to find a hockey trade 

Yep, and it's the main reason why IDGAF about NYR getting Laffy because they'll eventually be in the same position. All forward, no defense, and pressed against the cap. Of course, NYR fans and pessimistic little brother Devils fans will think that Bread, Mika, Kakko, Laffy, Fox, Trouba and Shesterkin is good enough to be a massive threat in the East.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yep, and it's the main reason why IDGAF about NYR getting Laffy because they'll eventually be in the same position. All forward, no defense, and pressed against the cap. Of course, NYR fans and pessimistic little brother Devils fans will think that Bread, Mika, Kakko, Laffy, Fox, Trouba and Shesterkin is good enough to be a massive threat in the East.

I just feel like being worried about what other people in general are doing is a depressing way to go through life, never mind what an opponent of my favorite team is doing lol. That must be maddening and depressing to an extent I don't understand. Our teams put us through enough misery, why am I looking for more? My favorite football team just blew one of the biggest 4th quarter leads in super bowl history to make me miserable, now I have to be miserable that the Seahawks for Jamal Adams? Yeah, that's a hard pass. Life is way too short to spend that much time feeling bad

Just now, Forge said:

I just feel like being worried about what other people in general are doing is a depressing way to go through life, never mind what an opponent of my favorite team is doing lol. That must be maddening and depressing to an extent I don't understand. Our teams put us through enough misery, why am I looking for more? My favorite football team just blew one of the biggest 4th quarter leads in super bowl history to make me miserable, now I have to be miserable that the Seahawks for Jamal Adams? Yeah, that's a hard pass. Life is way too short to spend that much time feeling bad

Agreed. I never, literally ever, worry about my rivals. I employ the same thing in my personal life. I don't care what someone else does or thinks of me. The only thing that matters, not to be cocky or inconsiderate, is me. That mentality truly changed my life. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Agreed. I never, literally ever, worry about my rivals. I employ the same thing in my personal life. I don't care what someone else does or thinks of me. The only thing that matters, not to be cocky or inconsiderate, is me. That mentality truly changed my life. 

Amen. Same way. Pay attention to the stuff that warrants it and ignore the crap that makes you miserable. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Amen. Same way. Pay attention to the stuff that warrants it and ignore the crap that makes you miserable. 

Yep. My parents even know not to talk gossip with me because I don't care. If it doesn't concern me, I don't care. I'm there for my friends, no question, but I don't stress over anything I cannot control. Like, I've been laid off for a month and I haven't stressed one bit. I'm almost immune to stress lol. I literally have no idea what anxiety is. I sleep well no matter how my money situation is or what's going on in my life. That's part of the reason why I'm single more often than not. I just don't have that drive to care about inconsequential stuff and the like. If you don't want to talk to me, I'm not going to put in the effort to make you want to do so. I have this mentality, for all things, and it's real simple...I'm 34 this year in October, for reference. My mentality? I've done 34 years without you, I can do another 34. Women, especially, hate that lol.