Jump to content

Official New Jersey Devils Thread | Bring me Brandt Clarke


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think he'd be good on Nico's wing. I think just about everyone is good on Nicos wing though lol. He's skilled enough to play with the smooth guys, plays a grinders game to match up with the balls to the wall line drivers who just want to create havoc

Lol I love Nico so much.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say that guys like Raymond, perfetti, Jarvis... Right now I'd probably prefer them on Nicos wing because he can help them from getting caved in. Maybe put them with another big, skilled wing too. You don't have to be an elite skater with Nico either.

With Jack, it's a trickier fit. Have to skate, have to have good hands, and given Jack is already small and can get caved, it has to be someone who can hold ground and win at the boards

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forge said:

I will say that guys like Raymond, perfetti, Jarvis... Right now I'd probably prefer them on Nicos wing because he can help them from getting caved in. Maybe put them with another big, skilled wing too. You don't have to be an elite skater with Nico either.

With Jack, it's a trickier fit. Have to skate, have to have good hands, and given Jack is already small and can get caved, it has to be someone who can hold ground and win at the boards

Dylan Holloway truly does fit well with Jack. I don't really want him but he's ideal next to 86. Mercer as well. 

If we can land Rossi (w/ Nico), Mercer (w/ Jack) and Perreault/Gunler (w/ Nico), it's a great 1st round. Figure out Jack's LW later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Dylan Holloway truly does fit well with Jack. I don't really want him but he's ideal next to 86. Mercer as well. 

Holloway is actually the guy I've been thinking about a ton at 18 or 20

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Forge said:

Holloway is actually the guy I've been thinking about a ton at 18 or 20

Even if we land Mercer at 18? Just to protect Jack completely and then try to find Nico's RW later? I mean, I know you don't approach drafts like that, with specifics in mind, but it's got to be in the back of their minds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Even if we land Mercer at 18? Just to protect Jack completely and then try to find Nico's RW later? I mean, I know you don't approach drafts like that, with specifics in mind, but it's got to be in the back of their minds.

I don't think Mercer will be there, so really just thinking of holloway as the most likely person to be there who would also be a great fit. If Mercer is there, I'd go him before holloway

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Forge said:

I don't think Mercer will be there, so really just thinking of holloway as the most likely person to be there who would also be a great fit. If Mercer is there, I'd go him before holloway

Now the question is...would you go both? Or would you take my boy Perreault?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, beekay414 said:

Now the question is...would you go both? Or would you take my boy Perreault?

Depends on what we did at 7, who's there on defense at 20. That is where I would have some interest in Guhle, and Lapierre is likely to be the highest rated player I would have at that point I think

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Forge said:

Depends on what we did at 7, who's there on defense at 20. That is where I would have some interest in Guhle, and Lapierre is likely to be the highest rated player I would have at that point I think

Yeah, I'm intrigued and I gotta wait another month. Just don't go off the board lol. Too much talent to do that this time around. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Forge said:

I will say that guys like Raymond, perfetti, Jarvis... Right now I'd probably prefer them on Nicos wing because he can help them from getting caved in. Maybe put them with another big, skilled wing too. You don't have to be an elite skater with Nico either.

With Jack, it's a trickier fit. Have to skate, have to have good hands, and given Jack is already small and can get caved, it has to be someone who can hold ground and win at the boards

Since Reichel doesn't tickle your fancy (and I'll still bang the table for him lol), I honestly think Sam Colangelo is someone you want to pair with Jack. His game reminds me of Mark Stone coming out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Canadian Saint said:

Matt Dumba might be available, wouldn't be the worst addition to your blueline depending on the price.

He's right on that edge for me, but I would expect a team like Winnipeg to be in on that for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think about it I the more I think we are completely out on any big name trade targets or free agency moves. I think the moves are going to be smaller and cheaper. Guys with cap hits larger than salaries 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Forge said:

The more I think about it I the more I think we are completely out on any big name trade targets or free agency moves. I think the moves are going to be smaller and cheaper. Guys with cap hits larger than salaries 

We don't really have the pieces to go get big name targets via trade and our time line doesn't really fit with going out and spending cap space on the available veterans. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • beekay414 changed the title to Official New Jersey Devils Thread | Bring me Brandt Clarke

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...