Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Its funny how I thought i was being "different" with some of these rankings and then I see yours and nope LOL. I knew you'd be high on Khusnutdinov, but not top 15 high, which doesn't make my ranking seem so shocking. But you killed me with Ozzy. I really thought I'd be on a bit of an island there. 

I guess I have my ROR ranking, which is probably more surprising than I thought. 

Ozzy rose a lot for me. Doesn't make sense to love Greig like I do and not have Ozzy similarly ranked. 

I put a lot of weight on upside, obviously, so that's why Dino is as high as he is. 

Vegas looking to trade Alec Martinez. If we could get him super cheap (like a 4th), I wouldnt hate trading for him and then flipping him at the deadline for a second. Obviously its not really a big deal either way, but depending on what the cost to get him right now is, could be an easy way to profit.. 

Canadian Saints Top 31:

1. Alexis Lafrenière

2. Tim Stützle

3. Quinton Byfield

4. Lucas Raymond

5. Cole Perfetti

6. Seth Jarvis

7. Lukas Reichel

8. Jack Quinn

9. Yaroslav Askarov

10. Jake Sanderson

11. Jamie Drysdale

12. Anton Lundell

13. Marco Rossi

14. Alexander Holtz

15. Connor Zary

16. Dawson Mercer

17. Rodion Amirov

18. Noel Gunler

19. Braden Schneider

20. Dylan Holloway

21. Jacob Perreault

22. Mavrik Bourque

23. Jan Mysak

24. John-Jason Peterka

25. Thomas Bordeleau

26. Kaiden Guhle

27. Ryan O'Rourke

28. Brendan Brisson

29. Tyson Foerster

30. Helge Grans

31. Tyler Tullio

Go crazy ;)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

you got "great list, great write up", I got "thanks for your weird, try hard list" from STI LOLOL (I'm being facetious, but its funny) 

lol I'm sorry. I have been a little more vocal about my guys and reaching out to him in regards to the depth of the draft and what not so maybe it's a little more friendly there. I don't know. I think your list and write up was very good. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

lol I'm sorry. I have been a little more vocal about my guys and reaching out to him in regards to the depth of the draft and what not so maybe it's a little more friendly there. I don't know. I think your list and write up was very good. 

I just thought it was funny because there was a very notable difference in the reaction

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I just thought it was funny because there was a very notable difference in the reaction

Maybe he's not a fan of guys like Brisson, Grans, Foerster and Gushchin as 1st round grades? Not sure lol. I know I'm not a fan of Brisson at all. I can live with all offense, no defense forwards that at least try some of the time on defense but Brisson just flat out does not care about that end. That and he's not a C, so in a class loaded with really good wingers, he falls hard in my rankings. He's gonna need a lot of coaching before he's even playable at the NHL level.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Maybe he's not a fan of guys like Brisson, Grans, Foerster and Gushchin as 1st round grades? Not sure lol. I know I'm not a fan of Brisson at all. I can live with all offense, no defense forwards that at least try some of the time on defense but Brisson just flat out does not care about that end. That and he's not a C, so in a class loaded with really good wingers, he falls hard in my rankings. He's gonna need a lot of coaching before he's even playable at the NHL level.

It's actually interesting how the variation works between what he sees and what I do....because he talks about Bourque's shot and all that good stuff, and frankly, I feel like every time I see Bourque, his shot kind of sucks. I think he creates a lot of high danger chances, but I Think it's becasue he's good about carrying the puck and possessing it into these areas. But his actual shot is just ugly looking. It's like a quarterback who can't throw a spiral or something lol. But STI thinks he has a great shot and questionable skating (I don't think he's a fast skater, but I think his mobility is very good). 

Even funnier that I think i was harder on Bourque than he was and I still had him like 10 spots higher lol

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's actually interesting how the variation works between what he sees and what I do....because he talks about Bourque's shot and all that good stuff, and frankly, I feel like every time I see Bourque, his shot kind of sucks. I think he creates a lot of high danger chances, but I Think it's becasue he's good about carrying the puck and possessing it into these areas. But his actual shot is just ugly looking. It's like a quarterback who can't throw a spiral or something lol. But STI thinks he has a great shot and questionable skating (I don't think he's a fast skater, but I think his mobility is very good). 

Even funnier that I think i was harder on Bourque than he was and I still had him like 10 spots higher lol

lol yeah, everyone sees something different when they watch these kids, that's what makes it fun. When I watched Bourque, the ability to carry the puck into high danger areas and finish in traffic stood out to me. Maybe that's what he means by his shot being great? He's quick to get it off his stick when he's got the chance to score in those areas? I didn't really see enough of him shooting from low danger areas to dissect his shot thoroughly. So maybe that's the confusion? He's great finishing but maybe not so great actually shooting?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol yeah, everyone sees something different when they watch these kids, that's what makes it fun. When I watched Bourque, the ability to carry the puck into high danger areas and finish in traffic stood out to me. Maybe that's what he means by his shot being great? He's quick to get it off his stick when he's got the chance to score in those areas? I didn't really see enough of him shooting from low danger areas to dissect his shot thoroughly. So maybe that's the confusion? He's great finishing but maybe not so great actually shooting?

Eh, I'm probably wrong and just don't have the sample size watching him. But every time I see him shoot, I think it's just ugly looking. I don't think he gets air on it consistently enough...just looks like a knuckle ball. That's usually why I don't publish any sort of rankings lol. I've been doing the draft thing in the 49er forum forever  since I got here and I've never published any sort of rankings, but everyone knows who I love and who I don't by the end lol

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Eh, I'm probably wrong and just don't have the sample size watching him. But every time I see him shoot, I think it's just ugly looking. I don't think he gets air on it consistently enough...just looks like a knuckle ball. That's usually why I don't publish any sort of rankings lol. I've been doing the draft thing in the 49er forum forever  since I got here and I've never published any sort of rankings, but everyone knows who I love and who I don't by the end lol

lol I just have fun with it. God knows I'm gonna be wrong way more than I'll be right, otherwise I wouldn't be writing it on a sports forum!