Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

So???

???-Hughes-Holtz
Bratt-Hischier-Clarke
Foote-Mercer-???

Or maybe they feel that Mercer can play the left side and be that grinder type? I have no clue lol. This draft has my head spinning.

EDIT - And I'm slotting Clarke in with Bratt-Hischier because they need a shooter on that line. 

I think Mercer starts at wing. May shift to center at some point. My ultimate goal for him would be to be the third guy on Jack's top 6 line. Clarke wtih Nico and Bratt works because he's basically just taking the spot of Palms. I don't think that Zacha is goingn anywhere for at least a few more years. 

Just now, Forge said:

I think Mercer starts at wing. May shift to center at some point. My ultimate goal for him would be to be the third guy on Jack's top 6 line. Clarke wtih Nico and Bratt works because he's basically just taking the spot of Palms. I don't think that Zacha is goingn anywhere for at least a few more years. 

Okay, so...

Mercer-Hughes-Holtz
Bratt-Hischier-Clarke
Foote-Zacha-Anderson

Just now, beekay414 said:

Okay, so...

Mercer-Hughes-Holtz
Bratt-Hischier-Clarke
Foote-Zacha-Anderson

Yeah...or Bratt ends up gone at some point and Foote is on that line. I could see that happening. Bratt is perfect trade bait, tbh. 

Also, I do think Holtz would be #1 for me over Smith. Mainly through no fault of Smith's own...having to go back to the CHL just sucked. basically a wasted development year to be honest. I don't know if he's actually any better, and it's hard to get the images of him repeatedly burnt by Studenic in last years camp out of my head. 

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah...or Bratt ends up gone at some point and Foote is on that line. I could see that happening. Bratt is perfect trade bait, tbh. 

But Bratt is perfect next to Hischier. He's more of a creator than Nico is. One thing is for certain, we're going to eventually run into the too many contracts problem so it makes sense.

Just now, Forge said:

Also, I do think Holtz would be #1 for me over Smith. Mainly through no fault of Smith's own...having to go back to the CHL just sucked. basically a wasted development year to be honest. I don't know if he's actually any better, and it's hard to get the images of him repeatedly burnt by Studenic in last years camp out of my head. 

I blame the system. 100%. Smith probably got here and was like "WTF are we even doing?" I'm not gonna let such a small sample size put a damper on how I feel about him.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I just want to say that Graeme Clarke is only 6 months older than Dawson Mercer.

Was one of the reasons I really liked the Clarke pick. Younger B-day, so his stats were basically his -1 year rather than his draft year numbers. I always feel like that should (in theory) be a good way to find steals in the offensive game. Never seems to work like that though lol

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Was one of the reasons I really liked the Clarke pick. Younger B-day, so his stats were basically his -1 year rather than his draft year numbers. I always feel like that should (in theory) be a good way to find steals in the offensive game. Never seems to work like that though lol

Well, his numbers are real nice. It's just whether the rest of his game grows. That shoulder really screwed him as far as development and then he comes back, scores more, and Covid shuts him down again. He just seems to be the type that's always hurt and you hope the shoulder surgery took that issue away. He's a secondary player but he's gonna pot goals. I think he's going to end up as a solid middle-6 20+ goal scoring wing. I think he's perfect alongside Nico and Jesper.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I just hope we suck enough to land the #1 pick in 2022 lol. I want Shane Wright. We deserve a true franchise player. Jack and Nico are amazing and I love them but why not have them all? LOL

We will probably win it next year when there's a very debatable #1 pick again. I think next years draft is shaping up very meh and will be similar to 2017.