Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

I'm surprised we have completely opted out on the waiver wire the last year +. Weird for a rebuilding team

Yeah, I can't recall us even trying to bring in anyone. That kid from the Leafs or whoever that the Red Wings claimed, I'm not even sure we put in an effort there either. Timashov, I think?

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I can't recall us even trying to bring in anyone. That kid from the Leafs or whoever that the Red Wings claimed, I'm not even sure we put in an effort there either. Timashov, I think?

Yep, and then guys like djoos were  claimed and it doesn't seem like we are in on anyone. It's just weird

Just now, beekay414 said:

Bracco went unclaimed too. He must be a total tool.

Interesting. I would give him an ahl deal. That's ask he's going to be, but he's been successful at that level and it's good to have successful guys down there

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Interesting. I would give him an ahl deal. That's ask he's going to be, but he's been successful at that level and it's good to have successful guys down there

Yeah, from a talent perspective, he'd be a nice add but he must be a locker room issue. 

17 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, from a talent perspective, he'd be a nice add but he must be a locker room issue. 

You remember the whole fiasco with the toxic culture in the CHL? Where players reported about being bullied (sticks in certain orifices and pucks being shot in certain areas) and doing coke? Bracco was very heavily rumored (and basically confirmed due to dates and internet sleuths) as someone who had a very big hand in doing the bullying highlighted in the article. Post Leafs I think his career in North America is done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

You remember the whole fiasco with the toxic culture in the CHL? Where players reported about being bullied (sticks in certain orifices and pucks being shot in certain areas) and doing coke? Bracco was very heavily rumored (and basically confirmed due to dates and internet sleuths) as someone who had a very big hand in doing the bullying highlighted in the article. Post Leafs I think his career in North America is done.

Ohhhhhh... Didn't know about that. Yikes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

The difference between blackwood and Carter Hart in the gm rankings is hilarious. 

Must be putting a lot of emphasis on his playoffs

I was talking about this to my buddy's brother, who is a big hockey guy, last night. He swears Hart is a franchise goaltender but "Blackwood hasn't shown enough yet." Then I sited the stats and he doubled down. I was like "good to know you've never seen MacBlack play."

31 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

If you guys don't mind lockerroom and possible coachability issues, you guys should claim Ho-Sang from waivers.

We probably won't. We really haven't used waivers at all to our advantage. We were actually just talking about that.

• Like 1