Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

I'm going to finish it up, but yeah, this sucks lol

Like, it's promising to win most of the game but, god, is it deflating to be the better team and then lose going away. We're a young team, duh, but I don't want to get into another situation where they start getting deflated out there. We saw that too much under Hynes.

Flyers are a dangerous team when they are in the zone but they are just so rarely there.  They are getting absolutely shelled in shot metrics but are able to at least keep it close in xGF% due to the chances they can generate.  Same old story tonight, luckily Hart bailed them out.  

Hughes was fun tonight, I noticed a few more turnovers than the previous game but he's just always around the puck.  I thought Ty Smith was really good too.  

• Like 1

Just now, flyers0909 said:

Hughes was fun tonight, I noticed a few more turnovers than the previous game but he's just always around the puck.  I thought Ty Smith was really good too.  

Our young guys have been great, it's our veterans/older guys that have let us down. Subban, Palmieri and Gusev have been either invisible or flat out bad. Palms was more aggressive tonight be he still sucked for the most part. So, naturally, the main thing is that youth keeping the upwards trend, regardless of W/L results. 

I know the Flyers have good faceoff guys but, holy eff, we need to fire whoever handles the dot work. We've been brutal on the dot for a few years now and it's almost like it's a developmental problem. Nico is a beast but with Zajac dropping off from his 53% career rate, we don't have the horses to consistently win on the dot. Like, I'd settle for 45/55 on the dot rather than the slanted 35/65 type results we've been getting.

Saw them talking about this briefly last night on HF but we may actually already have our future top 6 in house.

Hughes, Hischier, Holtz, Bratt, Mercer and one of Foote, Boqvist, Thompson, Clarke or Rango, though the group for the last spot is more a wildcard.

You'd think the '21 draft would lead to a defenseman pick but I'm just thinking of adding Matty Beniers, Kent Johnson or Aatu Raty to that group and drooling. 

Bratt-Hughes-Holtz
Beniers/Raty/Johnson-Hischier-Mercer

awkward entertainment GIF

• Like 1