Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's going to quickly climb the ranks of players opposing teams/fans hate playing against. He's got such a bulldog mentality.

I wonder how we work around all this youth. I hate to say it because I've really liked what I've seen from them, but I'm very bullish on next year packaging some of these young guys (not Mercer or holtz or anything) with some picks and going after it. Johnny hockey, forsberg, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wonder how we work around all this youth. I hate to say it because I've really liked what I've seen from them, but I'm very bullish on next year packaging some of these young guys (not Mercer or holtz or anything) with some picks and going after it. Johnny hockey, forsberg, etc. 

Oh we'll definitely consolidate. I'd just rather have it be using Reilly Walsh/Nolan Foote types than any bigger names. If we can use our prospect depth to pull off a Forsberg, I'm all for it. I just don't like the idea of giving up that '21 1st this year going for it before we're really ready.

Also, if we trade the '22 pick, it better be protected because I'm not losing out on Shane Wright for anything other than Jack Eichel lol.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Oh we'll definitely consolidate. I'd just rather have it be using Reilly Walsh/Nolan Foote types than any bigger names. If we can use our prospect depth to pull off a Forsberg, I'm all for it. I just don't like the idea of giving up that '21 1st this year going for it before we're really ready.

Also, if we trade the '22 pick, it better be protected because I'm not losing out on Shane Wright for anything other than Jack Eichel lol.

Foote has looked very good for bing, as has walsh. Damn, future really starting to feel good

Just now, Forge said:

John Moore with the bruins:

Over the last two seasons the Bruins are 43-7-8 without him in the lineup. That's an 82 game pace of 133 points, good for #1 all-time.

With him in the lineup they are 11-10-6. That's an 82 game pace of 85 points

Well...seems like an obvious choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Do you remember how everyone freaked out about the rags getting laf and you and I were like, "hey, there's no guarantee that he ends to being good, especially right away. No reason to get worked up"

Good times

lol yep. And what are their current problems? The exact problems we said they'd have regardless of landing Laffy. They are still in a major cap crunch in the future too. I'm just happy they made the decision to trade up for Schneider rather than taking Lapierre or Greig.

• Like 1

Zajac and Murray practiced today. That's pretty big. We're ALMOST at full strength. Still down, I believe, just Nico and Goose.

Now you gotta wonder which of Kulikov or Butcher we bench. Butcher's looked good these last two games but Kulikov and Vatanen looked awesome together. This is so weird. Having to make decisions on which defenders to bench based on GOOD play, not AHL level bull. 

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Goose is off the list now. We're close. Hope Nico is okay.

Man I'd be super tempted to just not play Nico for the rest of the year. Some players who have symptoms for extended periods of time don't do too hot and take a while to get anything going. With your madness of a schedule, I'd be worried about doing more harm than good.

Also speaking of former prospects, Reichel is now closing in on a PPG after a slow start (due to Covid), but more importantly, he's now a C on the top line for Berlin. ;)

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

Man I'd be super tempted to just not play Nico for the rest of the year. Some players who have symptoms for extended periods of time don't do too hot and take a while to get anything going. With your madness of a schedule, I'd be worried about doing more harm than good.

Well, we have enough forward depth where he wouldn't have to play every night if he wasn't up for it. Lindy's alluded to doing something like that this year. Not specifically for Nico but all players. I'd like to aim for him getting about 25-30 games at least, if he's up for it.