Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

Makes sense. Maybe we will make more moves than I expect.

Feel like people are going to be disappointed in the return for Palms

Eh, never know. Just gonna have to see what happens. 11 more days, at most. Definitely think Palms and Kulikov are gone. Vatanen is more likely than Murray just due to the $$ difference. Don't think Zajac waives his NTC unless it's for Lou. Goose depends on if he clears and someone wants to take a chance on having that flexibility of him moving up and down freely while managing the cap until the playoffs.

18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, never know. Just gonna have to see what happens. 11 more days, at most. Definitely think Palms and Kulikov are gone. Vatanen is more likely than Murray just due to the $$ difference. Don't think Zajac waives his NTC unless it's for Lou. Goose depends on if he clears and someone wants to take a chance on having that flexibility of him moving up and down freely while managing the cap until the playoffs.

The goose thing will be funny when Tampa picks him up and puts him on taxi until playoffs

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

The goose thing will be funny when Tampa picks him up and puts him on taxi until playoffs

They can't. Anything above $1.05 million or whatever counts towards the cap. We'd have to eat salary on him in order to trade him but, because he cleared (he will), he'll be eligible to come up and down from the taxi squad for 30 days or whatever it is.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

BTW, is hockey .500 something like 16-16-6? It's so confusing. Like, to me, we're 9 games under .500 but if we win 3 straight, we're hockey .500 despite having 22 losses to 16 wins?

I consider it all losses, so 22-16-6. But I think that's why people just started using point percentages

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I do wonder if we put a claim in on Evgeny Svechnikov. He's 24, costs nothing and he's a RFA after the year.

He would make a lot of sense.  I wouldn't mind it. He has problems with health though, right?

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

He would make a lot of sense.  I wouldn't mind it. He has problems with health though, right?

I guess. I love Triumph lol.

Svechnikov just competes with NJ's other forwards competing for a roster spot, almost all of whom are younger, and there's absolutely no guarantee he stands out, or even if he does stand out, that that will continue. The Devils should not claim him.

my response

Who gives a ****? It's literally a risk free shot at seeing if you might have something. He costs nothing and, if he doesn't fit, we non-tender him next year. He's 6'3" 200 and a former 1st round pick. You, at least, tap into that.

Isn't this year about competition and seeing what fits? 

• Like 1