Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

We're also going to need AHLers once we start promoting guys.

He's not been a disaster productivity wise (Greer, that is), so that's good. 

Hard to hate on it. Neither was a part of the long term future, but I think it says a lot about the market because I would have taken a 2nd + decent prospect for Kyle alone and then added to Palms. I think separately that's probably a better deal to be honest. But it's still a first 

IMO getting the first was a good return. Like someone on HF said, we weren't likely to get a 1st for Palms alone nor were we likely to get a 4th for Zajac so pairing them up for the pair of picks made sense. Especially if Boston was being a pain in the ***. This is better than taking Bjork, a prospect and a late 2nd.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He's not been a disaster productivity wise (Greer, that is), so that's good. 

Hard to hate on it. Neither was a part of the long term future, but I think it says a lot about the market because I would have taken a 2nd + decent prospect for Kyle alone and then added to Palms. I think separately that's probably a better deal to be honest. But it's still a first 

Eh, I'll take the 1st because it gives us flexibility with our own first. We won't be forced to take either a forward or a D when we have a chance at another top 30 prospect.

Just now, beekay414 said:

IMO getting the first was a good return. Like someone on HF said, we weren't likely to get a 1st for Palms alone nor were we likely to get a 4th for Zajac so pairing them up for the pair of picks made sense. Especially if Boston was being a pain in the ***. This is better than taking Bjork, a prospect and a late 2nd.

Its unfortunate because I kind of want to root for Trav to win the cup, but it also hinders our pick LOL 

I'm going to assume that we get a few more picks for other guys as well. Kulikov, maybe Murray. So maybe Fitz preferred just a straight up first in this as opposed to having 4 second rounders lol 

• Like 1