Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

Total crap

They get called for absolutely friggin' nothing and then we get called for the bullcrap that lead to two goals. Weak *** calls. They tripped Hughes all night to no call. Has ANYONE in the history of Jack Hughes skating, seen him hit the ice on his knees 4 TIMES in a game? 

The Penguins are one of the darlings of the NHL. I bet if we did to Crosby, what they did to Jack tonight, they would've gotten 4 PPs outta all 4 trips.

• Like 1

I'll say this, there's no quit in this team. I don't know how anyone on HF can watch this team and say we're 2 years away from being 2 years away. We'll compete for a playoff spot as soon as next year with a regular schedule and the ability to play anyone other than 5 of the most talented teams in hockey...and the Sabres.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'll say this, there's no quit in this team. I don't know how anyone on HF can watch this team and say we're 2 years away from being 2 years away. We'll compete for a playoff spot as soon as next year with a regular schedule and the ability to play anyone other than 5 of the most talented teams in hockey...and the Sabres.

We need some D, and some legit top six finishers. It's not that far off

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Forge said:

Looking at stats is bonkers sometimes. 

Did you know kuokkanen has a better ppg than Jack? I mean he's five years older, but still, kind of funny. 

Also, bratt is quietly on a 60 point pace (well, 59.6). 

I think we're going to see a bump in Jack's PPG due to who he's playing with now. We kept forcing Palmieri on him and it just never made sense. Then we'd have Bratt in there as the 3rd forward and Bratt is a similar type of player as Jack. It was a hodgepodge that wasn't meant to be together. Now, as you pointed out, we've got a puck hound, a free swinging shooter and Jack. The fits are way better.

I'll say this, and call me crazy, but with the way he's looked at 19 as the primary focus of a loaded division, I think Jack is going to challenge for some Selke's down the line. He is WAY ahead, on defense, than I ever thought he'd be.

He's a god damn star, man. And we're in a year where our other #1 overall pick has missed it all. We're waaaaaaaaay closer than people think.

I got complemented on my Devils tat at the card shop today lol. Some dude's girlfriend noticed it. I was like "it's really cool you know the Devils from their logo." She didn't just say Devils either, she said New Jersey Devils, so it wasn't just a blind guess (that wouldn't be too hard to deduce).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I think we're going to see a bump in Jack's PPG due to who he's playing with now. We kept forcing Palmieri on him and it just never made sense. Then we'd have Bratt in there as the 3rd forward and Bratt is a similar type of player as Jack. It was a hodgepodge that wasn't meant to be together. Now, as you pointed out, we've got a puck hound, a free swinging shooter and Jack. The fits are way better.

I'll say this, and call me crazy, but with the way he's looked at 19 as the primary focus of a loaded division, I think Jack is going to challenge for some Selke's down the line. He is WAY ahead, on defense, than I ever thought he'd be.

He's a god damn star, man. And we're in a year where our other #1 overall pick has missed it all. We're waaaaaaaaay closer than people think.

If Mercer can play a kuokkanen game, and holtz can be mindful in his positioning and not just float.... Oh damn