Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

Well, I'd say one. I'm happy if a late first becomes an nhl regular

Do you want clarke or power?

Leaning Clarke.

I think we'll pull 2. I like the backend of the first round well enough to think they have top 6 or top 4 potential all the way through.

Just now, Forge said:

I think I'm leaning towards prospects rather than picks for a guy like kulikov.

I wish we could get Toronto on the phone about wood and maybe talk about Amirov

If we trade Wood, you know HF is gonna throw a ***** fit lol

I'm not sure what type of prospect we'd be able to pull for Kulikov tho? If you're talking about taking a 3rd and a B prospect instead of a 2...or a 4th and a B instead of a 3...I may be on board. The only reason I MIGHT shy away from that is, if we do pull a 2, that pick looks better in trade talks should we go after players that fit the timeline.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If we trade Wood, you know HF is gonna throw a ***** fit lol

I'm not sure what type of prospect we'd be able to pull for Kulikov tho? If you're talking about taking a 3rd and a B prospect instead of a 2...or a 4th and a B instead of a 3...I may be on board. The only reason I MIGHT shy away from that is, if we do pull a 2, that pick looks better in trade talks should we go after players that fit the timeline.

If colorado hadn't acquired nemeth, I would have said someone like Shane Bowers. Klim Kostin? Thinking of a kuokkanen type who has been fine and productive but maybe not seen as a stud and hasn't entered the nhl landscape yet

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If colorado hadn't acquired nemeth, I would have said someone like Shane Bowers. Klim Kostin? Thinking of a kuokkanen type who has been fine and productive but maybe not seen as a stud. 

Who all could be in the market for Kulikov?

Just now, beekay414 said:

Who all could be in the market for Kulikov?

Getting thinner by the day at this point lol

St louis. Winnipeg for sure. Boston.  The bruins are kind of filled with the type of prospects I'd take for kulikov, to be honest. 

Getting thinner by the day at this point lol

St louis. Winnipeg for sure. Boston.  The bruins are kind of filled with the type of prospects I'd take for kulikov, to be honest. 

Gimme some examples, when you feel like it, of course, from those teams. I'm not really up to date with their prospects.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Gimme some examples, when you feel like it, of course, from those teams. I'm not really up to date with their prospects.

Boston's prospects aren't great, but guys like Vaak could be very kuokkanen like. My understanding isn't that he's underwhelmed or anything. He's just kind of meh. Frederic is another guy like that, but I'd argue he has been underwhelming and I'd stay away. They have a couple of good goalie prospects that I'd take, and someone like Curtis hall is interesting. 

A guy like vesalainen  from the jets. Maybe lower experienced guys like Declan chisholm

• Like 1

Boston's prospects aren't great, but guys like Vaak could be very kuokkanen like. My understanding isn't that he's underwhelmed or anything. He's just kind of meh. Frederic is another guy like that, but I'd argue he has been underwhelming and I'd stay away. They have a couple of good goalie prospects that I'd take, and someone like Curtis hall is interesting. 

A guy like vesalainen  from the jets. Maybe lower experienced guys like Declan chisholm

If we could get Vladar and a 3rd, I'd be on it. They like Swayman more anyways.

• Like 1