Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 hour ago, Forge said:

A 5th for merrill is brutal for the kulikov market. Merrill has been really good this year and makes even less

I don't think it has any bearing on the Kulikov market tbqh. Merrill doesn't have Kulikov's track record and NHL GMs rarely forget the past lol

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

You'd think but I think there's some merit to the idea that there's some kind of unwritten agreement that teams aren't claiming guys this year. I know Dell and a few others shuffled around early but waivers has practically died since.

If mete doesn't get claimed, I 100% think that's the case

Just now, beekay414 said:

I don't think it has any bearing on the Kulikov market tbqh. Merrill doesn't have Kulikov's track record and NHL GMs rarely forget the past lol

I do find it interesting that we are not sitting him or Murray. I know they aren't assets that palms was, but still, no sense in playing them for one game before the deadline

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I do find it interesting that we are not sitting him or Murray. I know they aren't assets that palms was, but still, no sense in playing them for one game before the deadline

We didn't sit Zajac either though. We just didn't have him travel to Buffalo once Fitzy got to including him in the Palms trade and Trav notified him he'd waive.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We didn't sit Zajac either though. We just didn't have him travel to Buffalo once Fitzy got to including him in the Palms trade and Trav notified him he'd waive.

But why play them? We know the deadline is tomorrow. It's one game

Just now, Forge said:

But why play them? We know the deadline is tomorrow. It's one game

Well, I don't think Murray is going anywhere, for one. Two, what's the alternative? Playing Joshua Jacobs? Perhaps Fitz isn't getting what he wants for Kulikov or Kulikov doesn't want to sit?

Just now, beekay414 said:

Well, I don't think Murray is going anywhere, for one. Two, what's the alternative? Playing Joshua Jacobs? Perhaps Fitz isn't getting what he wants for Kulikov or Kulikov doesn't want to sit?

Well, what Kulikov wants shouldn't matter if the intention is to trade him (which it should be).

But I had a thought on the bolded for sure, and Murray makes a ton of sense as a guy to re-sign, so I could understand why he's not going anywhere (he makes far more sense than Kulikov, at any rate) 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Well, what Kulikov wants shouldn't matter if the intention is to trade him (which it should be).

But I had a thought on the bolded for sure, and Murray makes a ton of sense as a guy to re-sign, so I could understand why he's not going anywhere (he makes far more sense than Kulikov, at any rate) 

I mean, are we sure we're not sitting him? 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, are we sure we're not sitting him? 

I haven't heard anything that says we are, that's why I'm surprised. It makes sense to park them both just for a game to potentially protect an asset. But we still have a couple of hours. I haven't heard anything to the contrary though. With Vats on waivers, don't think he can play today. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

You guys should pick up Mete and give him a trial run.

I'd like to, but I don't think that Beekay is wrong...I think that there's probably some sort of unwritten rule between GMs this year that is leaving most guys unclaimed. Maybe there's a premade arrangement before a guy gets claimed so far this season. 

• Like 1