Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

Been bullish on him for a while and I think he's showing he's legit

I think he's legit as hell. His issue was always health. That shot is borderline elite and his skating is vastly improved. We may have gotten a massive steal in the 3rd round with him. I think he can pot 30, easily.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think he's legit as hell. His issue was always health. That shot is borderline elite and his skating is vastly improved. We may have gotten a massive steal in the 3rd round with him. I think he can pot 30, easily.

It's one of those situations where we may have gotten very lucky because he was young for his draft and he was stuck behind a stacked roster

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

5 shots in his AHL debut from Holtz is promising. Especially for this team

None of these AHL sites have the updated score sheets lol. Amateur *** league. But, getting to what I wanted to say, IIRC Clarke was firing them at will too. Might have a legit top 6 RW duo there allowing Mercer to man the 3C spot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

None of these AHL sites have the updated score sheets lol. Amateur *** league. But, getting to what I wanted to say, IIRC Clarke was firing them at will too. Might have a legit top 6 RW duo there allowing Mercer to man the 3C spot.

Hard not be excited. I know the current process sucks, but man, I think the payoff is going to be there. Add these kids with Power / Clarke / Hughes and a crap ton of money? We are getting there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Hard not be excited. I know the current process sucks, but man, I think the payoff is going to be there. Add these kids with Power / Clarke / Hughes and a crap ton of money? We are getting there. 

100% man. We have a deep *** prospect group to work from. Some real fine players that won't have spots long term so the trade avenues are going to open up as well. 

Prime examples are Boqvist and Thompson. Where exactly are they going to play? Hell, even Zacha or Wood are kinda out of place on this team going forward.

Foote-Hughes-Holtz
Bratt-Hischier-Clarke
Zacha/Kuokkanen-Mercer-Sharangovich
Kuokkanen/Wood-McLeod-Bastian/Merkley

We've got so many shots at filling this roster, that we're looking at using those depth pieces to upgrade elsewhere. I'd look into Boston after the expansion draft. Maybe, if Vladar doesn't get picked, we can swap Boqvist/Thompson for Vladar/Swayman (whichever they prefer).

• Like 1