Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

Ottawa was just sooooooo bad. Tampa had nearly as many wins in their second year as Ottawa had in their first three combined

But since that original playoff year, the Sens only missed the playoffs 4 times until their recent struggles. The Lightning missed 9 outta 10 seasons.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

lol I don't know the details but wasn't the museum story false? What was the story?

Yeah, there was nothing that supported that it played any role in getting him traded. He is a smart guy and loves the arts. My understanding is that it was just something that someone said something on Twitter or the radio and it became one of those urban legend type things. I'll never forget it given how preposterous it sounds

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, there was nothing that supported that it played any role in getting him traded. He is a smart guy and loves the arts. My understanding is that it was just something that someone said something on Twitter or the radio and it became one of those urban legend type things. I'll never forget it given how preposterous it sounds

What were the details?

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What were the details?

Honestly, I'm not even sure. Something about him being a locker room cancer and going to museums when teammates were going out together.  Was part of him being a "reclusive" teammate

• Like 1

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

What were the details?

It was the Calgary media being a cancer. Apparently he wasn’t well liked in the locker room here in Alberta because he wasn’t a typical hockey player. His interests weren’t going to bars and such only but he also liked going to museums and so obviously he won’t work out in Calgary. 

it was propped up rubbish that was part mental gymnastics to trade him. Worked on the fact that Boston traded him too (for a different reason however). 

If you can afford it, 8x8 for him would be a good deal. He’s going to age pretty well for a D man

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

That record 😂 pretty sure it was the worst in the ahl by a good bit

Guttersniped put together a good post showing how ridiculous our schedule was compared to most. Hershey and Lehigh Valley are two of the top AHL teams and we played them the majority of our schedule.

22 games against Hershey and Lehigh Valley, 2 games against Utica. So 24 games against top 9 AHL competition with a young team raided all season due to Covid protocols. The growth from the youth was good and that's all that matters.

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If Vancouver wants to clear cap space, I'd take Loui Eriksson's last year for their 2nd round pick, which falls in at 41 I believe.

I don't think I would. I'm just not into that type of move right now. I'd rather spend six million on a quality player than a second round pick, and unfortunately the draft happens before free agency.  

There are some workable deals for #9 though.

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

There are some workable deals for #9 though.

I don't see it, that's why I focused on #41. I don't think Loui's $6 Million would effect us at all. We'd still have $31 Million left to use with nothing but likely bridge deals being done. We're in a great position and Loui's contract wouldn't hinder us whatsoever.

Edited by beekay414