Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No. I'd rather dangle something around Holtz than move that pick for him.

I feel pretty sure that we aren't trading either the pick or Holtz but it's fun to think about. 

If we trade Zacha, the off season is a winning one lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I feel pretty sure that we aren't trading either the pick or Holtz but it's fun to think about. 

If we trade Zacha, the off season is a winning one lol 

I just hope we don't hang onto Holtz so long that his value gets suppressed. He absolutely needs to be on this roster next year otherwise you start to look into how you can get real NHL value for him before the shine wears off.

And, yes, I look forward to never having to watch Pavel Zacha again.

Just now, Forge said:

Oh, I just realized that the fifth round pick that we have this year from Columbus is the one from the Keith Kincaid trade 3 or 4 years ago  years ago LOL 

It'll be even more glorious when we find another Sharangovich, Bratt or Gritsyuk with it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I just hope we don't hang onto Holtz so long that his value gets suppressed. He absolutely needs to be on this roster next year otherwise you start to look into how you can get real NHL value for him before the shine wears off.

And, yes, I look forward to never having to watch Pavel Zacha again.

I don't have a ton of concern about him as a player...I really do think that the shot is going to travel and at worst he should manage a Mike Hoffman career. But I do worry it's a bad fit here. Feel like he needs to be on a team that drives offense more though a cycle in the o-zone offense instead of one that is driven on counter attacks and transition. I'm just not sure he has the feet to keep up there. 

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Pasta's my favorite non-Devil lol. Morreale going right for my heart with that one.

I've seen comps all over the place. Rick Nash without the hands (not a knock, Nash had incredible hands). Another person said Viktor Kozlov...which is underwhelming but I kind of get. I feel like that is not unreasonable if Slaf doesn't have everything click.