Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Wish Slaf would have been more impactful against the big time competition he faced. 1 point against Canada, Finland, Germany and Switzerland. The other points were against France, Kazakhstan and Denmark. 

But overall, he looked fine against Canada even if he didn't score any points. 

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's fine, I guess...i'm just not one who likes to bet the heavy favorite like that. 

140 is a very slight favorite . Col was - like 220 last night. 

If NY wins this series it’s a win win for me . And I can’t see Car beating TB. 

Speaking of Car, they seem to have two really good goalies. 

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wish Slaf would have been more impactful against the big time competition he faced. 1 point against Canada, Finland, Germany and Switzerland. The other points were against France, Kazakhstan and Denmark. 

But overall, he looked fine against Canada even if he didn't score any points. 

There ya go. High hitting analysis.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

There ya go. High hitting analysis.

That response makes me giggle. 

The most important thing to me was that he may have been the best forward on the ice for Slovakia when they played Canada. I'll take that over a needless point. Like, today he hit the post but it was not really a great game for him. Scoring the goal wouldn't have cancelled that out just like not scoring against Canada doesn't cancel out the good game he played in that one. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That response makes me giggle. 

The most important thing to me was that he may have been the best forward on the ice for Slovakia when they played Canada. I'll take that over a needless point. Like, today he hit the post but it was not really a great game for him. Scoring the goal wouldn't have cancelled that out just like not scoring against Canada doesn't cancel out the good game he played in that one. 

Yeah, the process with him was much like watching Jack out there before the scoring came this season. Was Jack doing what Jack does and causing chaos? That's really all that mattered to me then. Same goes with Slaf now. Did he carry his line enough that he was easily the best forward on the ice? What did he show he needs work on? 

Stuff like that. I think his Olympics set a standard that he was never going to be able to repeat so the lack of production doesn't overtly matter much here.

I don't want them to let him stay in Liiga next year though. Bring him over and let him cook in the AHL. Adjust to the smaller rink, quicker game. I'm pretty sure TPS is also a defensive heavy team in Liiga, so I'm not sure he's going to get the growth you want to see . 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I don't want them to let him stay in Liiga next year though. Bring him over and let him cook in the AHL. Adjust to the smaller rink, quicker game. I'm pretty sure TPS is also a defensive heavy team in Liiga, so I'm not sure he's going to get the growth you want to see . 

Yeah, you absolutely sign him to an ELC and get his *** on American ice ASAP. 

• Like 1

Ottawa is willing to trade #7. 

Would you move Holtz for #7 for Nemec / Jiricek if they are there? I think the answer to this is yes. 

Would you move Holts for #7 if Nemec / Jiricek are both gone. Lets say that the top 6 goes Wright / Slaf / Cooley / Nemec / Savoie / Jiricek. 

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ottawa is willing to trade #7. 

Would you move Holtz for #7 for Nemec / Jiricek if they are there? I think the answer to this is yes. 

Would you move Holts for #7 if Nemec / Jiricek are both gone. Lets say that the top 6 goes Wright / Slaf / Cooley / Nemec / Savoie / Jiricek. 

Considering how I feel about Holtz, I'd probably say yes but I doubt Ottawa wants more youth. While I love Nazar, I don't think he'd be on our radar due to his size (though I'd want him if he's OTB), it would give us an opportunity to add more size & skill with either Cutter Gauthier or Danila Yurov. Would be hard to pass on Nazar or Kemell there but I think the intent would be to add more of what we lack.

I think Gauthier can offer what Holtz does while being a better 200 ft fit. He's got a big shot, though not Alex's, but he's more of a power forward, which we lack. Oh and he's a better skater than Alex is.

44 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Considering how I feel about Holtz, I'd probably say yes but I doubt Ottawa wants more youth. While I love Nazar, I don't think he'd be on our radar due to his size (though I'd want him if he's OTB), it would give us an opportunity to add more size & skill with either Cutter Gauthier or Danila Yurov. Would be hard to pass on Nazar or Kemell there but I think the intent would be to add more of what we lack.

I think Gauthier can offer what Holtz does while being a better 200 ft fit. He's got a big shot, though not Alex's, but he's more of a power forward, which we lack. Oh and he's a better skater than Alex is.

It sounds like you think Holtz would be more valuable to another team. Wouldn’t it be better if we used him to trade for a more established player?