Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, flyers0909 said:

Weekes just said 2 picks and 2 prospects so who knows. 

I don't know how that works. They have no cap space. It would have to include someone who has some form of consequential cap hit, I'm pretty sure. Even if we retained 50%, they'd be over I'm pretty sure. 

2 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I'm guessing top 10/lottery protected first then the 3rd bumps up if he signs an extension?

I think the first year first is lotto protected, but becomes unprotected if deferred a year. That's what I've seen on HF, but no hard confimration there. 

I would have liked to have gotten Raanta as a cap dump, no doubt, but I honestly can't hate this move by Shero. Merkley is probably a career AHLer, but Bing can use a lot of help too, and there's still some upside there I suppose. Just a lot of what we already have (tiny playmakers). Bahl is obviously just what we need (especially to pair with Severson) if he can get there, and I'm honestly kind of intrigued by Schnarr given his size and not being a complete disaster in his first AHL year. 

Send that first round pick for a young cost controlled player of a team in cap hell, and I think it's a really good trade (and we still have the conditional pick which is at worst a third). 

• Like 1