Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And that's not including Rossi either, right? 

Nope. Apparently he and Nico are friends though. That Ottawa team is just so stacked but his stats are insane. Leading ohl in scoring, and he's played in 5 and 7 fewer games than the guys in second and third

I'm also not big on Holloway right now, though sti is. You obviously probably have a better feel for him than I do. He's really hard to gauge being in NCAA already. You don't see that a ton, but hes an older draft pick this year. Barely missed last year's cut off, same with Rossi. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nope. Apparently he and Nico are friends though. That Ottawa team is just so stacked but his stats are insane. Leading ohl in scoring, and he's played in 5 and 7 fewer games than the guys in second and third

I'm also not big on Holloway right now, though sti is. You obviously probably have a better feel for him than I do. He's really hard to gauge being in NCAA already. You don't see that a ton, but hes an older draft pick this year. Barely missed last year's cut off, same with Rossi. 

I want no part of Holloway. I've watched more Wisconsin hockey than Devils hockey this year and I've never been impressed by him. He's just a power forward. Think he's capped out as a checking line forward. Not a fan of someone like that in the lottery. 

• Like 1

Damon Severson with the awesome primary assist on that second goal. I mean it was an assist Jordan Eberle, not someone on his own team, but whatever. 

I swear, he turns it over in his own zone more than anyone I have ever seen. He's a disaster back there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Damon Severson with the awesome primary assist on that second goal. I mean it was an assist Jordan Eberle, not someone on his own team, but whatever. 

I swear, he turns it over in his own zone more than anyone I have ever seen. He's a disaster back there. 

Yet he's almost as good as Vatanen according to some on HF lmao

The Devils are creating more offense since the coaching change, with the caveats of the small sample size still very much in place. New Jersey was 27th in shot attempts per 60 minutes at 5-on-5 at the time of the coaching change and 30th in scoring chances per 60 minutes, according to Natural Stat Trick. The Devils are up to 14th in CF/60 (shot attempts) and 20th in SCF/60 (scoring chances) since Dec. 3.

They are also giving up way more at the other end. The Devils were 22nd in shot attempts allowed per 60 (CA/60) and 14th in scoring chances allowed per 60 (SCA/60) before the change. They’re 30th in both categories since the change and are yielding nearly eight more scoring chances per 60 minutes.

The Devils are worse in all of the percentages (CF%, SCF%, expected goals percentage (xGF%) except for goals for percentage (GF%) at 5-on-5, and that is solely because of Mackenzie Blackwood’s improved play.

So Nas probably isn't the answer, but damn, neither is our current defense