Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, that's old news now. Is what it is. He's only got one more year at that cap hit so I'm alright with it.

It wasn't going to be anything of real value. Guys like Zajac and Greene are why I'm okay moving on from guys like Coleman and Palms. We won't have a roster of nothing but 19 year olds lol. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

It wasn't going to be anything of real value. Guys like Zajac and Greene are why I'm okay moving on from guys like Coleman and Palms. We won't have a roster of nothing but 19 year olds lol. 

Oh, I know. At this point, I don't care if we go full NHL 20 and go with 100% youth. Nothing else has worked so it's whatever lol. Can't get much worse, unless we become Detroit/San Jose.

lol we got Kyle Palmieri for Ryan Gropp and Rem Pitlick. We also ended up getting Mackenzie Blackwood and Joey Anderson by trading back from #36 to #42 in 2016. That'll do. We also got Reilly Walsh for Pete DeBoer lol.

I know he gets A LOT of crap from naysayers but Shero really did do a great job of rebuilding the pipeline here. It was so barren and he was super creative in how he did it. Will always appreciate him for it.

Edited by beekay414

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I may have just poked the Miles Wood bear on HF lol.

I jumped in as well. I mean, I don't advocate trading him just to trade him, but the infatuation that dude has with Wood is just insane. There are plenty of trades that don't include an NHL ready d-man (LOL) that I would move off of Miles for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I jumped in as well. I mean, I don't advocate trading him just to trade him, but the infatuation that dude has with Wood is just insane. There are plenty of trades that don't include an NHL ready d-man (LOL) that I would move off of Miles for. 

I'm trying to see how much Out to Lunch avoids just to keep up his narrative. I've kinda killed him tonight thus far and he hasn't responded once because he knows he's wrong.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol we got Kyle Palmieri for Ryan Gropp and Rem Pitlick. We also ended up getting Mackenzie Blackwood and Joey Anderson by trading back from #36 to #42 in 2016. That'll do. We also got Reilly Walsh for Pete DeBoer lol.

I know he gets A LOT of crap from naysayers but Shero really did do a great job of rebuilding the pipeline here. It was so barren and he was super creative in how he did it. Will always appreciate him for it.

People are going to hate on him over on HF, but fact is this...he left the franchise in a better condition than he found it, and that's not common for a dude that gets fired from his job. We don't have a ton of impact guys at the bottom level, but all of our damn first rounders are in the NHL LOL. He made solid trades, and honestly, even the trades that he made that didn't work out at least made a degree of sense and weren't completely out of whack value wise. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Also, if we really wanna lock in one of Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle or Drysdale, all we need to do is trot out Louis Domingue and Cory Schneider the rest of the season and put Blackwood on IR with "an injury" lol.

I hope we sign Francouz next year to pair with Mac. I think that would be a really quality pairing. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I hope we sign Francouz next year to pair with Mac. I think that would be a really quality pairing. 

He's someone I'm wary of. No track record and playing on a really good team. But, yeah, we've got to do something for next year. Can't have Cory and Louis back at all.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

He's someone I'm wary of. No track record and playing on a really good team. But, yeah, we've got to do something for next year. Can't have Cory and Louis back at all.

Oh yeah, I'm thinking like 2 years, 6 million. Nothing substantial. There are some other guys that fit the mold, but he's a guy that could drastically outplay the contract, without being acrazy anchor if he doesn't translate well. I don't have any interest in Holtby, Crawford, or Howard. I figure Lehner will cost more. Halak could be a really good short term solution, but I'll be curious to see what he wants.